Product Management, Product
in San Francisco, California
About the Role
As a Product Manager within the Tech Services organization, you will be responsible for the development and execution of Uber employee experiences powered by People and Productivity technologies. You will be using the best of breed technologies, and customer-centric techniques to accomplish this at a global scale that has never been done before in the industry leveraging the power of design, data science and AI. You will ensure the delivery of industry-leading People/Talent services as the business scales.
What You'll Do
- Lead product and delivery software systems for Uber employees focused on employee engagement
- Work closely with tech and business stakeholders to build efficient and scalable employee engagement via people technology (recruiting and people management)
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team
- Distill vision and strategy for the team, get all members of cross-functional team
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, rider behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and welcome critical feedback.
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against the team and company goals. Requires challenging all members of the cross-functional team (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products, execution plans, and insightful talent analytics.
- Collaborate with systems engineers, developers, design, data science, UX and behavioral researchers
- Make tradeoff decisions based on technical and business insights and experimentation
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed insights back into the product development process to drive growth
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to Uber executives, employees to riders.
What You'll Need
This role demands a real passion for the customer, great technical depth, principled thinking, well-honed product judgment, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, a high design bar and a mentality of starting with the customer first and working backwards.
- A computer science undergraduate degree or other engineering degree equivalent.
- At least 5 years experience delivering highly successful and innovative technology platforms with your signature all over them.
- Keen design thinking point of view and experience
- Understanding and background in workforce, talent, and people technology tools and ecosystem is preferred.
- Data-driven decision-making ability.
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- High standards across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- Grittiness: You don't hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on, you persevere when others give up.
- Passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A deep desire to grow and learn.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.