This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join a global legal team integral to a preeminent technology company engaged in cutting edge issues, and focused on solving some of the biggest challenges in the world. This position will be based in Amsterdam.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead and coordinate EMEA-wide legal reviews of new products (such as a new bus product) or features (such as a driver loyalty scheme) for the core Rides business; creating/reviewing relevant T&Cs; advising on how to best position/structure these products.
- Work on broader commercial issues and on EMEA-wide commercial contracts such as Business Development deals with third parties, promotional agreements, sponsorships, partnerships as well as general procurement and marketing and advertising initiatives.
- Play a key role in the central EMEA commercial team which covers all Uber business lines: Rides, Eats, Freight, NeMo, potential to work on business lines other than the core Rides business.
- Areas of particular relevance include commercial contracts, consumer issues, privacy, tax, competition (antitrust), regulation, new market entry, employment and IP. So, that's pretty much everything!
- Be an active and trusted business partner, and ensure the provision of timely business-focused advice to the central EMEA Rides business based in Amsterdam.
- Work closely with regional legal teams and specialist internal legal counsel on EMEA-wide product reviews and contracts.
- Work collaboratively with other teams including tax, policy and communications to provide strategic advice.
- Understand, interpret and apply current laws and regulations as applicable to Uber's business models in the region and your areas of responsibility.
- Work hard but have a lot of fun doing it!
WHAT YOU NEED
- At least 5 years experience at a top-notch law firm and/or in-house
- UK/EEA qualified lawyer
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school or university
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- To be able to think on your feet and make quick decisions
- Thrive in high impact/high profile situations
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Any other relevant languages are an advantage too.
- To be genuinely enthusiastic about Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.