About the Role
The MEA Risk & Compliance Manager role is a unique opportunity to lead a strategic and impactful program for the Uber Rides business for Middle East & Africa. You will be responsible for driving key customer support strategies to ensure delivery of two key objectives: ensuring operational and non-operational compliance and reducing financial risk.
- Our objective is to minimize support fraud leakage for Uber and false positive impact to our customers by enabling solutions to detect and catch support fraud before or when it happens. You are independently leading a program to drive key KPIs for the company through analytical, technical and operational solutions. You will establish innovative solutions to block out bad actors on Uber, while ensuring minimum friction to good users and a positive customer experience is maintained.
- You will manage and optimize compliance-related customer support areas, such as our document review, background check, or identity programs. You will coordinate across a number of internal teams including product, safety, legal, and operations and be responsible for driving strategic improvements to the quality and efficiency of our compliance support. You will ultimately be responsible in ensuring our compliance processes are both user-friendly and legally rock-solid.
What You'll Do
- Develop and implement new risk mitigation solutions and frameworks that improve our ability to deter, detect, measure and intervene against fraudulent activity, including better operational processes, automated systems and upstream design solutioning; your focus will largely be on but not limited to R&A (refunds and appeasements) related risk mitigation
- Find patterns in data and notice trends, translating these findings into real solutions like logic based rules or automations
- Assess periodically where MEA region stands with respect to Compliance requirements and take necessary steps to adhere to requirements
- Strategy. Working with the wider Community Operations organization, you will shape the roadmap and decide which projects and areas of compliance and fraud the regional team should focus on and set an aggressive timeline to reach those goals
- Maintain a proactive approach toward identifying and mitigating risk
- Influence stakeholders to close gaps in existing processes and policies frameworks and develop scalable solutions to prevent issues moving forward
- Over time, focus on fraud conducted by agents in Greenlights, COE and BPOs
- In love with data and harness its potential to influence stakeholders to adopt the processes and controls you create
- An expert in statistical methods and processes required to identify and prevent outlier situations with high confidence levels
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes
- Able to explain data in a digestible way. You have excellent Excel and SQL skills. Knowledge of coding, or programming experience will be a great advantage
- Excellent in data visualization and can provide clear and actionable data analysis
- Excellent in rule development and deployment processes, proactively prevent rule outages
- Extremely strong in interpreting financial data to point potential leakages and loopholes
- Problem solver who can come out with simple, practical solutions for complex problems
- Thorough in all you do and see to it that every process and product roll-out- both internal and external- is both user-friendly and legally rock-solid
- A structured thinker who can see around corners, predict possible roadblocks and adapt quickly to changes in policy, process and business priorities with demonstrated project management experience
- A strong communicator who can use data and insights to tell compelling stories about our riders and partners in order to drive the initiatives that will help redefine Community Operations across MEA
- A problem-solver and collaborator who is incredibly passionate about improving the support experience of the Uber community
- Extremely proactive, self starter mentality with strong organizational skills
- Able to work with ambiguity. We are in very early stages in building out our processes so the ability to build structured processes from the ground-up will be critical
- Are able to influence stakeholders without authority or reporting structure.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.