About the Role
We are looking for a seasoned Design Program Manager to join the Uber Eats Design Team and cover UX Design, Research and Writing across multiple teams.
The Uber Eats design team works across all three sides of the Eats marketplace (restaurants, couriers, and eaters) to realize our mission of making eating well effortless, everyday, for everyone. We combine thoughtful design with cutting edge machine learning to help people find food they'll love. We embrace the challenge of solving complex logistical problems to create simple, beautiful delivery experiences. We work hand in glove with our restaurant partners, helping them achieve operational and culinary excellence. We reach eaters around the globe, expanding their idea of what food delivery can be, and we're just getting started.
The Design Program Manager is a creative problem solver and team leader by nature, and is an expert at creating efficiencies in the design process, improving team communication, and enabling teams to stay focused on delivering amazing experiences. We focus on the how, so the UX team can focus on the _what and we _remove friction to create flow.
The role is full time, based in San Francisco, and reports to our Head of Design Operations on Eats.
What You'll Do
- Develop & maintain key relationships with your business area's stakeholders (Design, UX Research, UX Writing, Engineering, Product Management, Product Marketing, etc.).
- Partner with Product Design Managers and UX Research Managers to establish goals, scope and set project priorities and sequencing, milestone planning, resource allocation, and hiring/talent/vendor needs to execute against business area objectives.
- Define and refine program/project process frameworks, tools, operating model, communications, reporting, and best practices. Identify ways to amplify the impact and effectiveness of the UX design, research and writing team at scale.
- Serve as the go-to liaison for the Uber Eats Design team to other product areas. Design and champion the operational model for how the Product Design, UX Research and UX Writing teams will engage with other cross-functional team members.
- Provide strategic input on how to detect collisions, remove roadblocks, avoid issues, and mitigate risks.
- Continually seek feedback on how Uber Eats Design team can work more effectively/support the broader Design team. Continuously experiment, test and measure improvements to workflow.
- Evangelize Uber Eats Design team successes and lessons learned. Capture and validate feedback.
- Engage design team members to be active contributors to broader Design org initiatives
- Onboard new hires in how to work with the Eats Design team.
- Support a thriving design culture that encourages creativity, happiness and learning.
- Contribute to the development of the design program management function. Share back successful practices, frameworks, tools, lessons learned that have worked in your team.
What you'll need
- 5+ years experience as a project manager, program manager, or producer either in a design consultancy or (preferred) as part of an in-house product design/UX team.
- Experience working with product designers, design managers, product managers, and engineers through the product development lifecycle to ship consumer facing products.
- Experience creating lean and scalable workflows and implementing process improvements.
- Proficiency with project management and asset management tools (e.g., Coda, JIRA, Asana, Basecamp, Lucidchart, Box, Google Drive, etc).
- Clear and effective written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Strong analytical ability, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Superior organizational, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to zoom in and out. Able to connect the dots across the organization and think strategically and also highly detail oriented.
- Highly productive and ability to execute with limited direction.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and drive conversations forward.
- Demonstrable success as a team player, leading large and complex projects and teams.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.