About the Role
Watch a video about the role here.
Community Operations Specialists are all about solving problems that both riders, driver-partners, and restaurant partners encounter. You create advocates out of even the most frustrated users, and you're always looking for unique and exciting ways to improve their experience. In this role you will provide support to ensure that issues are either resolved promptly or escalated accordingly.
What You'll Do
- Provide world class customer service experience to riders, driver-partners, and restaurant partners via messaging and phone calls
- Take ownership of escalated requests across all our critical and advanced lines of business, challenging yourself to solve the most complicated and interesting problems our users face
- Practice empathy to frustrated users and turn their negative experiences into positive ones. #CustomerObsession
- Proactively engage users to gather qualitative feedback to improve their experience and provide insights back to the ANZ business
- Liaise with the ANZ leadership team members as we resolve business-critical issues and make difficult decisions that impact our local operations
- Assist in projects that aim to improve the quality of support we provide all users of Uber in ANZ, as part of ANZ Community Operations
- Coordinate closely with the global Community Operations team as part of the Sydney Centre of Excellence and act as a local point of contact and subject matter expert for other centres of excellence around the world
- Help build new and segmented modes of support for the Australia and New Zealand users; trial and iterate new processes as we scale our operations to match the growth of the larger Uber business
What You'll Need
- You will have some experience in a high-volume, fast-paced customer facing role
- You're an Uber evangelist - you love Uber and are #SuperPumped getting others excited to join the ride
- A flair for writing - you know the right turn of phrase in all situations
- Confidence in speaking - you will be the voice of Uber
- Passion for helping others and creating support experiences that surprise and delight
- Ability to break down complex problems, offer well thought-out recommendations and push problems to resolution with multiple stakeholders and decision-makers
- Skilled at handling multiple tasks at once and you have the drive to see them to completion
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.