Product Management, Product
in Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the Role
With our global footprint and hyper growth, one of Uber's top priorities is to become a financial partner for our millions of customers across the globe. Uber Money provides financial products that help our customers access, manage, and grow their money, putting opportunities within reach.
Product Operations brings Uber's Money products to life. Sitting within the Product Team, Product Ops partners with Product Managers, Engineering, Product Marketing and Data Science teams through every step of the product development. And in turn, coordinates with Regional Operations, Legal, CommOps, Policy and other supporting stakeholders during launch lifecycle. From influencing product features informed by market needs to rolling out the product to end users, Product Ops is an org that thrives on multidimensional skillsets and a knowledge base that spans the company.
We're looking for a team manager for our Product Operations team based in Amsterdam who will manage a team of Product Ops Managers, as well as, own several high priority projects from end-to-end as an individual contributor, helping to bring the Uber Money Vision to markets around the world.
What You'll Do
As a Manager, you'll:
- Serve as the team manager for the Product Operations Team that supports Money Hub, a suite of products and capabilities that sits within the Uber Money Umbrella.
- Provide cross-project visibility to the Group Product Manager for Money Hub, as well as, the Group Manager of Product Operations of all projects that are launching, key timelines, issues and blockers and resources needed for the team to be successful.
- Sets the vision and structure for how the team operates and reports into key stakeholders
- Hire and manage talented program managers for the Product Operations team
As an individual contributor, you'll:
- Partner with Product Managers to define product requirements. This includes personifying the voice of the customer, understanding the needs of the business, and operationalizing blockers to synthesize key requirements at the beginning of a product lifecycle.
- Manage several cross-functional high priority projects end-to-end including defining project plans, identifying and addressing interdependencies, blockers, aligning key stakeholders and reporting milestones and KPIs.
- Develop and execute end-to-end rollout strategy and product launch plans.
- Identify & Prioritize Product Gaps - Proactively identify current and future gaps in product capabilities to inform roadmaps, synthesize global or regional problems and opportunities by triangulating qualitative and quantitative input across functions.
- Work with strategic operations leaders to launch and maintain products in-markets to maximize business and customer impact.
- Lead communications with key cross-functional stakeholders on behalf of Product Managers and Engineering across the teams including Operations, Community Operations, Legal, Tax, Business Development, and others.
- Identify product problems and potential operational or product solutions.
- Advocate for business needs of non-tech stakeholders to inform product improvement.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 8 years experience in operations, program management, business consulting, or similar role that spans strategy and execution at a scaled startup or tech focused financial services company
- Strong skillset of project management, including scheduling, resource planning, dependency alignment, risk management and stakeholder communication.
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical business decisions.
- To rapidly develop strong domain expertise of multiple projects in the program, and domain awareness outside immediate area
- Previous experience building and managing teams.
- Able to identify issues, propose solutions, and drive to resolution within the domain
- Strong interest in product development and landscape understanding of financial service products across competitors.
- A desire to learn, highly motivated self-starter, with an eagerness to learn and grow
- Ability to foster collaboration and facilitate teamwork
- Effective strategies for project and resource prioritization
- SQL proficiency preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.