About the Role
We are looking for a Global Supply Manager who drives the strategic development, launch, and scaling of the supply network for the self driving vehicle kit, from both modules and commodities perspective, across the product development lifecycle.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate across the organization, including but not limited to, hardware engineering, software engineering, quality, manufacturing, system engineering, program management, etc. to source, develop, and partner with suppliers capable of delivering components, subassemblies, and assemblies of the highest quality. You will also act as the product operations lead within the product development team, leveraging and connecting the rest of the supply chain and operations teams.
At the same time, you will be a critical business owner in implementing and evolving processes, tools, and systems across the product development spectrum.
What You'll Do
- Take part in executing a market leading Sourcing Strategy including market analysis, supplier rationalization, predictable and industry leading pricing plan, and best total cost of ownership (TCO) cost modeling.
- Support development and execution of a supply plan spanning a multi-year strategy.
- Drive change management to continuously improve efficiency and performance via repeatable business processes.
- Develop and maintain high performing relationships with key strategic partners. Negotiate supply and commercial terms that put Uber ATG in the best position to succeed.
- Ensure supplier selection process and component qualification meet all engineering requirements at the right cost and supply performance.
- Develop supplier capabilities and drive roadmap visibility across hardware businesses.
- Achieve established commitments on total cost results, supply, quality and compliance adherence, and on-time delivery.
- Mitigate continuity of supply risk and develop key escalation channels across supply base
What You'll Need
- Passion for the autonomous vehicle industry and technologies.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably majored in electrical engineering, computer engineering, systems engineering, engineering physics, or mechanical engineering. MBA desirable.
- At least 7 years of commodities management experience,
- preferably in the semiconductor arena to co-develop technology and features roadmaps, or
- preferably in the original design/joint design manufacturing, particularly in co-developing bleeding edge technologies. This is more than just having experience in the traditional build-to-print.
- Experience in developing and launching at least half a dozen bleeding edge products in the electronics, aerospace, automotive, or communications equipment/network industries, from cradle to grave.
- Experience/knowledge across different aspects of procurement, manufacturing, quality, and logistics functions, acting as the program lead to link these disciplines to successfully launch products.
- Experience conducting should-cost/TCO analysis, leveraging key tools such as value stream mapping, DfX (Design for eXcellence - supply chain, manufacturing quality, etc.) and value engineering, with demonstrated success in implementing these outputs successfully early within the product development lifecycle.
- Experience with working in start-ups as well as mature companies, with high comfort thriving in a non-structured environment.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills - to collaborate and partner across different teams in a highly fluid requirements environment.
- Highly process-oriented with keen insight on how to develop/mature systems and tools to mature product development processes.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically but detailed-oriented to support hypothesis with facts, not afraid to get his/her hands dirty in tactical executions.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including commercial contracts, statement of work, licensing agreements, etc.
- Open to travel (up to 25%,% depending on commodity and modules)
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Dallas, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
The SCALE team (supply chain and business operations) enables Uber's world-class talent and optimizing technology for the future of mobility.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.