About the Role
The IA Manager owns the stakeholder relationship with a cross section of senior leaders over the Safety & Insurance function globally the Uber LATAM region for all its LOB and functions, and maintains effective leadership presence, expertise and contribution over those areas.
What you'll do:
- Perform advanced-level and/or managerial professional internal auditing projects.
- Provide significant input to the development of the annual Internal Audit playbook to ensure optimal coverage of Safety & Insurance risks globally as well as the LATAM risk profile across all lines of business and functions; all with an emphasis on a value-based approach designed to assist management in the attainment of their objectives.
- Deliver, at the speed of the business, measurable value to the Company from both value protection and value creation perspective.
- Maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards, and ensures internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with the IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Provide insight and foresight to LATAM leadership and Safety and Insurance leadership and acts as a respected governance partner & advisor.
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 10 years experience in internal audit or a risk management function in the insurance industry, including 5+ years with managerial responsibilities.
- Sound knowledge of risk assessment principles. Preferred candidates will also have a strong working knowledge of credit, market, operational risk management.
- Strong risk-minded individual with extensive experience in the following:
- Managing audits within a complex operational and regulatory environment
- Evaluating risks and mitigating strategies/activities associated with complex business
- working cross-functionally with diverse teams including Lines of Business, functional domains and in the Safety, EH&S and Insurance space: Engineering Security, Product, Platform Engineering, regulations, Compliance, Finance and Operations
- Serving as a trusted risk advisor to management and senior leadership in areas of Security and regulatory compliance for scalable and long term recommendations
- Serving as a trusted risk advisor to management and senior leadership in areas of safety and insurance for scalable and long term recommendations
- Exceptional executive presence, influencing skills and the ability to discuss complex issues across all levels of the organization
- Strong supervisory and time management skills, including experience in managing a staff of diverse professionals
- CSP, SMS, ARM, or other relevant safety and/or insurance professional certifications are a plus.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting, or a related field. Graduate or Master's Degree preferred.
Other things you will do, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates mastery of Results leadership, and exercises very effective Self, Thought and People leadership (see Table 1)
- Manages IA operations in a subset of the global org, executes a selection of IA projects locally or globally, and contributes to IA projects of other IA senior leaders
- Assists the IA Senior Leadership Team with the management, planning, organizing, directing, and monitoring of IA operations, with a focus on effective resource and project management, and the coaching and development of IA team members
- Identifies improvement opportunities and participates in the continuous enhancement of Internal Audit processes
- Ensures operational excellence and the delivery of projects on time, on budget and at optimal quality; this includes establishing effective project plans, reviewing execution, ensuring the use of optimal methodologies, tools and techniques, and assisting professionals in removing roadblocks
- Drafts Internal Audit reports, presents observations, and validates remediation actions and deadlines from management
- Develops and maintains productive team-oriented stakeholder and staff relationships
- Provides people leadership to Managers or Individual Contributors on the Internal Audit team
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers
- Represents Internal Audit on organizational project teams, at management meetings, local board meetings, and with external organizations
- Performs related work as assigned by the CAE or Director of Internal Audit
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.