About the Role
Uber is looking to add a Senior Tax Manager of International Tax Reporting to our rapidly growing team! This role will report to our Head of Global Tax Reporting and support our domestic and international tax functions. If you welcome a high-growth, fast-paced international environment, we're excited to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- Manage international aspects of the U.S. Federal tax return, including but not limited to forms 5471, 8858,1118, 926, 8830, 8891, 8892, and 8975
- Provide tax technical support with the Company's efforts to properly calculate the impact of new U.S. international tax provisions implemented via the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 including GILTI, FDII and BEAT
- Manage the preparation and review of subpart F, foreign tax credits, earnings and profits, and tax basis tracking
- Assist with international tax reporting aspects of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and internal reorganizations
- Oversee the tax implications of the Company's cash repatriation strategy: Calculate withholding tax implications and other potential U.S. tax costs associated with global cash repatriation. Track and maintain criteria post-U.S. Tax Reform to determine amounts subject to DRD and implications of Previously Taxed Income (PTI), including appropriate Foreign Tax Credit (FTC) impacts
- Support international aspects of US tax controversy
- Review the tax legal entity organizational chart, tracking intercompany agreements, changes in tax status, and/or reorganizations
- Oversee Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) reporting
- Develop plans to streamline the tax compliance and provision process as it relates to international tax, including data automation of GILTI/FDII calculations
- Oversee direct tax technical research including analysis and interpretation of relevant tax laws, regulations, cases and agency guidance, and update relevant stakeholders as appropriate
- Manage all external service providers of foreign federal income tax compliance services
- Train, mentor and develop members of the Tax department; work with peers to maintain a positive team atmosphere
What You'll Need
- 7+ years of tax experience with international experience required with multiple countries/regions
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar
- CPA and/or Master's in Taxation preferred
- Excellent international tax operations knowledge and familiarity of tax issues for a multinational company operating globally
- Experience with ASC 740
- Excellent organizational, technical, analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively guide and inspire a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, and research programs (i.e. RIA, BNA)
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
About the Team
We build scalable and well-controlled processes to support timely and accurate financial and statutory reporting and ensure compliance with regional and local tax regulations.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.