About the Role
We are looking for an inspirational leader to work in our Public Policy and Government Affairs team in Japan, based in Tokyo, supporting our Rides and Eats businesses.
At Uber, policy roles are business-critical and have a real impact in our markets. Policy at Uber is for people who are excited about being an advocate for change.
Our public policy team is responsible for working with policy makers and third parties to create economic opportunity That's partly about fostering lasting relationships in the national level and in the cities in which we operate to help unlock the full potential of our technology, in partnership with local businesses. It is also about figuring out the best local regulatory framework and developing campaigns to create economic opportunities for our partners.
We are looking for someone to work in our Public Policy and Government Affairs team in Japan, based in Tokyo.
What You'll Do
- Lead an effective, credible government affairs and public policy team across Japan
- Establish Uber's brand and profile with policy makers-including governments, third parties and academics
- Work to ensure that the regulatory frameworks in Japan supports efficient multimodal transportation and food delivery
- Be a thought leader
- Partner with government and third parties, with a focus on efficient transportation solutions, safety, and economic opportunity
What You'll Need
- A self-starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up too. Things change fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure
- A great advocate: We're looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple, but intellectually credible, arguments. You'll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories--about our product, people and the ways we're helping to improve life for passengers, drivers and cities as well supporting uberEATS makng eating well effortless for everyone and helping restaurants grow their businesses -- both orally and in writing in Japanese and English
- A strong campaigner: At Uber, we are trying to accelerate cities toward the Future of Urban Mobility. To do that, you'll need to put together proactive campaigns involving passengers, drivers and third parties that demonstrate we can reduce urban congestion, help people eat well and create economic opportunity. That means having a bias for action in everything you do--and a willingness to engage in constructively in the debate
- A skilled writer: Uber's policy agenda is simple -- advance public policy that benefits riders, drivers, restaurants, consumers and cities. You'll need to creatively condense the thorniest policy arguments and research into language simple enough for anyone to understand
An experienced spokesperson: Experience articulating a vision in large and small settings and expertise shaping a story and delivering it.
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It's why we're looking for well-organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done--and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally
- Ideally you would have at least 15 years of experience government affairs and policy. We are open to people who have experience in another area, who have a deep understanding of these issues and may be looking for a career change.
- Enthusiasm about Uber and our mission!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The opportunity to be part of a movement that is revolutionizing urban transportation and other services around the world, and making cities safer and more accessible in the process.
- Work with incredibly talented and passionate colleagues.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.