Internal Audit, Finance & Accounting
in Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the Role
As Risk Advisor you will perform advanced-level internal auditing work and execute internal audit projects. You will maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards, and ensure internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with the IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. You will need to work fairly autonomously and flex to new areas or topics with supervision.
What You'll Do
- Demonstrate very effective leadership in various areas of results, self and people leadership
- Ensure operational excellence and deliver work on time and at optimal quality; this includes:
- Performance of audit procedures, and the use of adequate methodology, tools, and techniques.
- Effective identification, development, and documentation of audit issues, identification of root cause and negotiation of effective solutions.
- Effective and timely stakeholder relationship building and communication throughout all stages of the audit from planning to reporting to peers, stakeholders and IA management.
- On-going self quality control over the work performed (project documentation and deliverables).
- Develop and maintain productive stakeholder, team-oriented management and staff relationships.
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers
- Perform related work as assigned by the Director/Senior Manager of Internal Audit
What You'll Need
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management information systems or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software engineering, technical product/program management or internal audit, compliance, or risk management roles in related technical domains
- Experience with Go, Java, Python or similar programming languages
- Experience with product development & engineering in a service oriented architecture environment covering domains such as privacy, legal, compliance etc
- Experience with building and maintaining programs based on well-known standards (such as ISO27001, ITIL v4 etc)
- Problem solving skills that demonstrate critical thinking and "outside-the-box" approach to reach a solution
- Demonstrated experience in project management practices (e.g. leading teams), and managing projects through the audit lifecycle
- Communication, interpersonal, and presentation experience that allow interactions with business partners.
- Experience working as part of a hyper growth, global, cross-functional team and working with all levels.
- Experience independently operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing multiple projects/initiatives.
Bonus Points If...
- CIA/CISA/CISSP/CPA certification
- Experience going through the full software cycle of requirements, design, coding/testing, rollout/deploy best practices in delivering world class software and services
- Understanding of Uber's products and operations
About the Team
Internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization's operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.