About the Role
We are looking for someone to join our public policy team in Canada, reporting directly to our Head of Public Affairs for Canada.
At Uber, working with external stakeholders is business critical and has a real impact in our markets. Policy at Uber is for people who want to have skin in the game on business decisions and are excited about being an advocate for change.
Our public policy team is responsible for working with policy makers and third parties to make the positive case for change. That's partly about fostering lasting relationships in the cities in which we operate in Canada to help unlock the full potential of our technology. It is also about figuring out the best local regulatory framework and developing campaigns to achieve positive reform.
What You'll Do
- Strengthen Uber's brand and profile with policy makers-including governments, third parties and academics
- Work to ensure that the regulatory frameworks in Canada enable the benefits of apps like Uber for our customers and the cities we operate in
- Partner with government and third parties on innovative transport solutions
- Partner with Uber's Canadian leadership to support sustainable growth of Uber rides and Uber Eats
- Support and work closely with Uber's Communications, Marketing and Operations teams
What You'll Need
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Things change fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure
- A great advocate: We're looking to create new frameworks that encourage innovation and alternatives to individual car ownership. You'll need the intellectual rigour to grasp complex policy issues as well as the ability to articulate clearly and simply how apps like Uber can help improve transportation for everyone--both orally and in writing
- A thought leader: we're changing the way cities move, so we need people who can help us think about the future
- A strong campaigner: At Uber, we are trying to accelerate cities toward the future of urban mobility. To do that, you'll need to put together proactive campaigns involving passengers, drivers and third parties that demonstrate there's a better alternative to the status quo. That means having a bias for action in everything you do--and a willingness to engage in constructively in the debate
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It's why we're looking for well organized people who enjoy working with others to get things done--and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally
- Ideally you would have at least 7+ years of experience government affairs, legal and/or policy. We are open to people who have experience in another area, who have a deep understanding of these issues and may be looking for a career change
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.