About the Role
Uber is currently looking to add a Sr. Cost Accountant to our rapidly growing company. This position will work cross functionally with multiple teams worldwide in order to ensure accurate reporting of our finished goods. They will be the direct contact and key business partner to the Supply Chain team to help identify and explain variances to expected product costs. They will also be responsible for assisting in developing processes and procedures to ensure all general ledger activity is maintained in accordance with GAAP. The ideal candidate will have a forward thinking approach to efficient accounting processes, have experience partnering with operations teams, and be able to work independently to drive issues to resolution.
What You'll Do
- Perform monthly close activities related to inventory cost accounting, the related account reconciliations and the analysis of ending balances.
- Analyze Bill of Material (BOM) and prepare product costs and prepare reports.
- Maintain cost accounting system to ensure balance sheet and Finished Goods account accuracy.
- Analyze quarterly physical inventory results and monitor cycle count program.
- Coordinate with US and Foreign departments to obtain the appropriate information and support to allow for the completion of close within the designated timeframe.
- Support the completion of the external audit, providing evidence and documentation by specified timelines.
- Maintain inventory cost reports with analytical analysis of cost that support current period trends, balances, and future financial impacts.
- Assist with the implementation of cost accounting systems and processes for new products and/or business units.
- Maintain accounting procedures and process documentation.
- Ensure processes are performed in compliance with internal controls; maintain evidence and support of that performance for SOX purposes.
- Support process improvement and efficiency projects.
- Other ad hoc processes as needed.
What You'll Need
- Broad and deep understanding of supply chain and cost accounting
- Broad and deep understanding of month-end close processes including BS reconciliations, and Flux analysis
- Deep understanding of financial statement analysis, Oracle reporting, and financial analysis
- Expert level knowledge of working with large amounts of data in Excel
- Experience working with Oracle cost accounting module a plus
- Experience in accounting for manufacturing operations, including contract manufacturing or other similar 3rd party model a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence and drive sound business decisions
- Ability to explain accounting and financial concepts to non-financial business partners
- Ability to explain downstream impacts to upstream users in order to get buy-in and compliance
- Ability to explain complex problems, options to resolve/resolution, and impacts.
- Ability to own process and work independently in pursuit of reaching team goals
- Proven track record of increased responsibilities and scope
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to plan and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to independently resolve complex problems where analysis requires the in-dept evaluation of numerous factors
- Ability to work cross functionally
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.