The Head of Safety & Standards for US & Canada Rides oversees three critical functions: safety, business standards & customer experience, and fraud. As the leader of this organization, you bring a track record of building teams and systems and ideally have experience designing processes for scale. As a highly visible leader in the US & Canada Rides organization, you will act as a thought partner to our Head of US & Canada Central Operations and the broader Rides leadership team.
What You'll Do
- Set Vision: Work closely with business leaders across the company to develop and refine your team's strategy. As a leader in the US & Canada Rides organization, you'll have a clear viewpoint on what our US & Canada Rides strategy looks like, and how the Safety & Standards organization fits within that
- Lead safety initiatives and manage ongoing safety programs, including designing and executing efforts to maximize safety for riders and drivers
- Partner with Uber's global safety team and coordinate across the Rides organization to support and execute global safety efforts
- Develop and oversee business standards & customer experiences for how support issues are resolved, including refund policy analyses and self-service customer support policy management
- Manage risk and fraud workstreams. Develop new risk management strategies as the business evolves
- Motivate and develop a large, multi-faceted team to continually uplevel results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact; hire strong individuals to round out the team
- Work closely in a matrixed environment with Operations, Marketing, Strategy, Safety, Product and Engineering, Finance and other functions and senior leadership to deliver
What You'll Need
- 12+ years of deep, hands-on management of functions that included combinations of the following: operations, business analytics, customer care and retention, risk management and/or project management
- Track record of building and managing high performing teams of 20+ individuals; experience coaching and developing people managers
- High energy and motivational leadership driven by personal influence and example with direct staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
- Unparalleled business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish the highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them
- Quantitative data analysis, deep actionable insights, modelling, and advanced test plan design and analysis experience
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.