About the Role
Capacity Planning is a key component of the success of Uber's Community Operations teams and our US COEs. As a capacity planner you will be responsible for creating long and short term capacity models. Analyzing COE's LOB trends in volume, attrition, hiring, workload, etc. Plan for upcoming projects that will impact the COE.
What You'll Do
- Provide COE LOB key stakeholders specific short-term and long-term strategic capacity plans that reflect forecasted volume, shrinkage, and staffing requirements
- Consult and team with LOB leaders, program team, siteops, recruiting, finance, and training on resource planning
- Proactively provide transformational advice, key insights and solutions to resolve staffing and volume concerns
- Create in depth awareness of all upcoming LOB forecasting changes and upcoming initiatives, in order to maintain proper capacity and achieve required service level
- Generate timely hiring plans that reflect workload requirements based on provided forecasts
- Maintain seat maps and optimize seat utilization for all LOB's. Partner with key stakeholders and makes proactive recommendations when needed
- Provides analysis on metrics such as shrinkage, utilization, handle times, etc. and present ideas for improvement to key stakeholders
- Maintain ongoing HC planning meetings with key stakeholders to keep pulse with upcoming team movements, attrition, and suggesting hiring when needed to maintain plan
- Work in parallel with WFM strategy and forecasting team to plan for upcoming changes in volume or strategies
- Conduct ongoing validation of capacity model utilizing seasonality and COE behavioral trends
- Work with WFM scheduling team to ensure proper staffing to cover hours of operation and arrival patterns
- Other duties as defined and assigned within the scope of WFM
What You'll Need
- Minimum 3 years of Workforce Management with a focus on capacity planning. Experience planning for a multi-site and omni-channel environment preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond the minimum required.
- Experience with Workforce management tools, such as Verint, IEX TotalView, or Aspect eWFM.
- Advanced experience with spreadsheets and formulas (Lookups & Pivot Tables) & report generation
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Ability to compile large amounts of data with commentary and use strong written/verbal presentation skills to communicate with stakeholders
Bonus Points if
- Experience with SQL or JIRA
- Understanding of call/ticket routing and ACD systems
About the Team
The COE WFM team is a fast paced, highly visible, and growing group that supports both our Phoenix and Chicago COE. This support team includes Real Time Analysts that monitor schedule adherence and SLA's, Schedulers who create and maintain CSR schedules, and a Capacity Planner managing hiring plans and capacity planning.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.