Accounting, Finance & Accounting
in San Francisco, California
About the role
Passionate about high-growth startups and have very strong accounting skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker and executor? If you answered yes to the above questions, let's talk!
In this challenging role you will the opportunity to help build efficient, compliant, and scalable processes as the business continues to expand globally. With challenges stemming from diverse business lines and asset classes - internally developed software, manufacturing of JUMP bikes, tracking of inventory and spares, leasing of new space & equipment in many major markets; we are looking for someone with expertise in these areas who's not afraid to roll up their sleeves!
What You'll Do
- Lead Uber's fixed assets, leasing, and cost accounting teams located in San Francisco, Dallas, and India.
- Complete the transition of specific processes and procedures to the team in India, allowing for a "continuous processing" model. Manage relationship with lead manager.
- Collaborate with business partners to design and implement best in class systems, processes and controls for manufacturing accounting to support regulatory and accounting compliance.
- Design and implement effective controls. Monitor and ensure SOX compliance.
- Develop effective and efficient month end close processes that ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Technical accounting expert and decision maker on fixed asset, leasing, and cost accounting policies and procedures. Develop, document, implement and monitor policies and procedures.
- Drive cycle count and annual physical inventory internal audit, and support annual external audits (US GAAP and statutory).
- Drive adoption of policies and procedures with upstream, non-financial, business partners to ensure accuracy of data received. Train, monitor, and escalate as needed.
- Continuously strive for operational excellence - never settling for status quo. Ruthless prioritization to ensure operational effectiveness in a SOX environment while maintaining agility.
- Serve as primary point of contact and liaison for audit requests.
- Support R & D activities and new product development trials and launches.
- Support M&A transactions and integrations.
- Review and analyze financial results and explanations provided by team members ensuring clear communication, accuracy, and completeness.
- Develop and implement process improvements, document desktop procedures, and processes to achieve efficiencies.
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements and disclosures.
- Assist executive leadership teams with special projects, research and supplemental reporting.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA/CA or equivalent.
- A minimum of 12 years of operational accounting experience.
- Experience working in fast-paced, multinational companies.
- Excellent leadership skills with collaborative working style and ability to work cross functionally.
- Experience leading teams in multiple locations and/or Center of Excellence model.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence and drive sound business decisions.
- Proven track record of increased responsibilities and scope.
- Solid knowledge of accounting policies/procedures and financial statements.
- Strong program management and organization skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to independently resolve complex problems where analysis requires the in-depth evaluation of numerous factors.
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP is preferred.
- Experience implementing systems, processes, and GAAP changes.
- Excellent business partnering skills.
About the team
We build scalable & controlled processes and help implement accounting systems and automation for our Global Accounting function.
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.