About the Role
If you are the type of engineer who loves creating high leverage systems that enhance efficiency and effectiveness, we'd love to chat with you. We are looking for Engineers who can come and help define the next generation Architecture for Marketing at Uber. If you like having a multi-million dollar impact per engineer, we'd like to hear from you!
AdTech is entering the phase of hybrid-automation and we need your help to build it
What You'll Do
- Build tooling to allow marketers to spend marketing budgets across 90+ channels from a single campaign manager portal.
- Work on systems to track and report on ad spend ROI.
- Build systems to automate ad operations.
- Work on systems that will use advanced machine learning techniques to optimize spend within different channels.
- Work with Product Managers who have deep expertise in the field to guide the project in the right direction to achieve marketing goals and get global adoption.
- Keep the bar high on sustainable engineering by following best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing and monitoring.
What You'll Need
8 plus years in the following:
- Architecture skills: Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. You can discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
- Strong coding/debugging abilities: You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language and are happy to learn more. At the core of modern web applications at Uber is Fusion.js, a web framework for building high quality universal React/Redux/Node applications. When working on backend, you'll primarily be working in Java.
- To be a fast learner: We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- A team player attitude: You believe that you can achieve more on a team - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen: You understand requirements, whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
- Data: Experience querying data using SQL.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.