Central Operations, Operations & Launch
Washington, District of Columbia |
New York, New York
About the Role
Travel is in many ways the heart and soul of Uber. Trips to and from the airport account are a key part of Uber's trips and gross bookings, and the overall percentage of ground transportation at airports fulfilled by Uber is still quite small. Airport trips are many riders' first use case, and these trips have higher average fares and a higher mix towards more profitable products. But "travel" can encompass much more than this - it could be the experience of using Uber in a new city or relying on Uber when on the road for business, trips between cities that substitute for a train or a rental car, and ultimately travel experiences that Uber doesn't touch today.
The Manager, Central Airport Operations - Airports Partnerships role is a unique opportunity to grow Uber's business with a focus on Uber's airport experience. This role will drive revenue growth strategy and operations for a multi billion dollar portfolio of half the airports in the US.
This role calls for a combination of creative problem solving, analytical skills, and interpersonal ability to manage strategic programs and partnerships with both airports and local government organizations. You should be as comfortable at data analysis as you are at project management and building and maintaining external relationships.
What You'll Do
- Lead a high performing team: You'll lead a team of five individuals whose primary focus is on growing our business within their respective portfolios of airports by providing leadership, feedback, and coaching to support their respective projects and advocate on their behalf. You will set strategic priorities and push the thinking to continue innovating and growing our business at airports.
- Leadership in the Airport Industry. You will help set direction for the industry, develop and be Uber's voice in the industry through external engagement, conferences and other external facing engagements.
- Cross-functional collaborator. You'll work with stakeholders across business development, product, marketing, operations, legal, and finance teams to scope, test and implement new product ideas and tools for airports.
- Internal and External Advocate. Be the point-of-contact for your team and the portfolio of airports they oversee; navigate internal processes to provide the best outcome for airport partners and our markets.
- Lead initiatives. You'll lead initiatives across our business teams to grow strategic and long term opportunities with our various airport partners and stakeholders.
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving. Navigate high-touch, top tier airport partners through strategic problem solving and ideation with your team.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience with a minimum of 2 years in client facing role.
- Stakeholder management. Experience with managing stakeholders at all levels
- Partnership Experience. Ability to have a 'sixth sense' when it comes to partnerships and that leads you to effortlessly navigating multiple partner engagements.
- Product sense. You know what makes a product experience not just good, but amazing. You work cross-functionally with teams to create partner integrations that delight users and drive measurable impact.
- Analytics. Proven analytical skills and data-driven decision making
- An intuition for people. You're spending the majority of the time working with various internal and external teams, building and really cultivating new relationships with potential and existing partners and within all parts of an organization.
- You're a self-starter and collaborator. Everywhere you go, you can't help but flex and stretch your strategic thinking, pitching in as needed, but also knowing when to take control and lead a conversation with an engineer, a product manager, or airport executive.
- Speed, resourcefulness, and go-getter attitude. This team moves fast and always operates in new spaces. You pick up things fast and run with them.
- Experience in the travel industry and/or client services is a plus.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.