We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust within our community--across riders, driver partners, UberEATS customers and delivery partners--is a core feature of the Uber user experience. We're obsessed about providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. And for Uber to continue its growth and success, we need to be able to not only improve but also scale our fast-growing support operations.
We're looking for a Senior Community Operations Manager to develop and lead efforts to build, operate, scale and improve our customer experience and support operations for Japan Eats. Based in Tokyo, this managerial role comes with a heavy focus on leading teams, solving problems through data analytics, steering cross-functional discussions, delivering stellar operations outcomes, continuous process improvement and being customer obsessed.
WHO YOU ARE
- A lover of process and optimisation. You will be revolutionising support for the Uber community. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others in iterating and implementing them.
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes. You know how to explain data in a compelling way to get buy-in from your key stakeholders.
- An ace problem solver. You embrace challenges, and would stop at nothing to generate solutions--whether they're hacky, short-term workarounds, or more sustainable, long-term process changes. You can design the right solution for the right environment, and have the diligence to follow through, win stakeholder buy-in, and deliver the desired outcomes.
- A brilliant communicator. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're explaining a new policy to riders, or explaining the recommendations of a data-driven study you conducted to regional stakeholders.
- A natural leader. You are passionate about leading and developing teams to perform at the highest levels while maintaining a fun and collaborative environment.
- An advocate for the customer. Incredibly empathetic and understanding of restaurant, driver partners and users alike. You will be a powerful advocate for UberEATS' users and are obsessed with the community experience.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with cross functional stakeholders and teams in aligning the vision and strategy for support operations in Japan
- Lead teams to achieve operations outcomes and deliver projects with significant business impact
- Dive deep into the numbers, surface patterns and draw out actionable insights, and ultimately make data-driven process improvements.
- Listen attentively to the voice of UberEATS' community and provide actionable insight to country, regional and global teams in trying to improve the experience of our customers on the platform
- Bachelor's degree or MBA in business, economics, finance or any science-related fields
- People management experience with proven ability to effectively manage team members, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and manage through challenging managerial situations
- Prior professional experience with optimisation, processes, systematic organisation, program/project management
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skill
- Demonstrated experience in using data to get to outcomes
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English communication; native skills (spoken and written) in Japanese
- Experience working in high-volume or extremely fast-paced environment
- Operations or consulting background preferred but not required
- Experience working in customer experience or for organisations known for stellar support outcomes is a plus
- Experience working in BPO/Customer support center is a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.