About the Role
Uber is changing the way the world views mobility and logistics! The Legal Team supports the development, growth and maintenance of new products and services across the globe. The Intellectual Property Team is looking for an exceptional attorney with solid trademark and copyright experience to support the company's worldwide protection of its intellectual property. The role will be based in San Francisco, California.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the lead attorney on the IP team for various trademark and copyright matters for Uber and its entities around the world.
- Provide support on trademark and copyright matters for various internal teams to review marketing and other materials to spot trademark and copyright issues.
- Help develop and implement Uber's global IP strategies and policies.
- Assist with management of trademark searching/clearance, analysis of potential risk of conflict and/or other risks to securing trademark protection.
- Assist with management of Uber's global trademark filings and prosecution portfolio.
- Assist with management of Uber's global trademark disputes, including cease and desist letters, oppositions/cancellations and litigation matters
- Provide support for Uber's digital enforcement program
- Help develop and implement Uber's internal processes and systems, including creating playbooks and instruction guides for use by fellow team members and business team members.
What You'll Need
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state is required
- At least fifteen (15+) years of legal experience in a combination of law firm and in-house settings ( at least 6 years in-house required).
- Experience supporting complex trademark and copyright matters on a global basis.
- Experience supporting junior staff on a variety of trademark and copyright matters.
- Experience supporting a global trademark prosecution portfolio.
- Substantial experience with respect to intellectual property issues that arise in the context of marketing materials.
- Strong skills to provide trademark and copyright support for a variety of corporate matters, including intercompany agreements and mergers and acquisitions.
- Ability to quickly make decisions with respect to trademark search opinions and enforcement matters.
- History of driving efficient and strategic use of resources, including technical groups, in-house counsel, vendors, and outside counsel
- Flexibility to perform in rapidly changing and growing environments.
- Being adept at implementing and scaling operations within a legal group.
- Ability to support team members at all levels, including a willingness to perform whatever task may need to be completed.
- Collaborative approach with both business and legal groups, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a high volume work environment.
- Be enthusiastic about Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.