About the Role
We're seeking Law Enforcement Liaison for Mexico City. This is a highly dynamic role for an experienced law enforcement professional. The role includes routine and ad-hoc responsibilities, direct engagement with law enforcement, prosecutors, and internal Uber stakeholders. Responsibilities include:
What You'll Do
- Liaise with law enforcement leaders promoting a positive, open and collaborative relationship.
- Training: A significant amount of time is spent providing in service training and operational support to law enforcement including guidance about accessing Uber's data holdings, legal data acquisition, investigative trends and safety tools.
- Advise local law enforcement on policy matters and create proactive solutions to help investigators solve cases to keep our communities safe.
- Assist in supporting user safety through law enforcement/prosecutor engagements following critical incidents or criminal investigations.
- Contribute to incident response, helping the business to identify actions to reduce risk.
- Produce accurate and timely incident updates and post-incident reports.
- Collaborate with Uber's security team to minimize threats to our platform.
- Significant travel within Mexico and possibly Central America and/or Carribean region to conduct face to face meetings and training..
- Write weekly reports in English for Management visibility and accountability.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 8 + years of law enforcement experience but may consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements;
- Comfortable interacting with various levels of police or prosecutors, including investigators through Chief of Police levels, prosecutors and judges, in order to manage expectations.
- Experience delivering evidence during criminal proceedings is essential (in court testimonial experience)
- Demonstrated examples of criminal investigative work, in conjunction with industry or alternatively, worked public/private partnerships.
- Demonstrated history, and comfort with, providing training to law enforcement in a large group setting and answering questions related to Uber's stance on safety and tools available.
- Ability to proactively engage law enforcement authorities in support of critical incidents in-region.
- Be able to demonstrate a depth of understanding of legal processes in the region.
- Ability to communicate to Uber Managers and regional Uber stakeholders, written products on a regular cadence.
- Demonstrated relationship with multiple Law Enforcement agencies in the region is preferred
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Spanish is mandatory.
About the Team
The LATAM LE Operations Team consists of highly motivated individuals who share a passion for safety and privacy, and who are committed to doing the right thing.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.