About the role
The Uber Eats team is dedicated to the mission of making eating well effortless, everyday, for everyone. With Uber speed, professional delivery partners, and partnerships with the world's best-loved restaurants, we are bringing convenience and happiness to people one meal at a time.
As the Restaurant Lifecycle product lead, you will be overseeing a team of product managers that will collectively see a restaurant through their entire journey on the Eats platform. This includes acquiring the right selection of restaurants, onboarding them frictionlessly, making sure that they understand their performance and are motivated to improve, and retaining them by ensuring their satisfaction with our offerings. You will be responsible for setting the strategic vision for a high-growth cross-functional team of PMs, engineers, designers, data scientists, product operations managers and more, and are expected to be a strong senior lead within the broader Restaurant organization.
What you'll do
The world of restaurants is complex and ever expanding. This is a representative sampling of the problems you will be tackling on the team:
- Which restaurants should we prioritize acquiring onto Uber Eats? How do we quantify the value they might provide to us? How should we price our offerings to make it compelling for a restaurant but also economically sustainable for our business?
- How do we create a magical, frictionless onboarding experience that results in a restaurant getting their first delivery order within a matter of minutes of signing up?
- How might we help restaurants grow their business and manage their operations more efficiently by surfacing valuable data in a way that's insightful and actionable? How might we motivate them to provide a consistently outstanding level of service to eaters?
- When things go wrong, how might we scalably help make things better for restaurants, and in turn empower them to make things right for their eaters?
- How do we ensure that our underlying restaurant management platforms and tools are technically and experientially robust so that many teams across Uber can build value-add features on top of them?
What you'll need
- Minimum 7 years experience delivering successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them.
- People management experience. You have built and developed a high performing team of product managers in the past, and are an excellent coach and advocate.
- Technical savviness. Can manifest in different ways: a computer science undergraduate degree, hands-on software engineering experience, or experiences building complex software products side by side with engineers. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- Attention to detail. The ability to obsess over every need and want a restaurant might have.
- Customer obsession. The ability to take on complex product challenges and find elegant, simplifying solutions to avoid making them our users and partner's problems.
- Finger-tippiness with data. You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- A "Driver" mindset. You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on.
- A high bar across the board -- from your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the products you work on.
- A true passion for Uber's mission, our products, and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.