About the Role
We're looking for a Sr. Operations Manager to develop and lead support efforts for our San Jose Center of Excellence (COE).
Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing exceptional customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issue types, handle escalations from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people management, continuous process improvement, data driven problem solving, and cross-functional collaboration. Those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead a team of equally passionate people.
What You'll Do
- Operations delivery: Lead, motivate, and develop high performing teams within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on operational KPIs
- People leadership & management: You will be a leader of an organization of up to 250 team members who are at the forefront of our business, answering our community's questions and tending to their needs. You will be managing up to 5 Operations Managers, who will each be managing teams of up to 50 colleagues. You will need to make sure to build an organization that develops talent at all levels.
- Collaboration: Work cross-functionally with regional process stakeholders, General Managers across the region and various supporting teams (such as Quality Assurance, Training, Workforce management and Analytics) to ensure your teams are delivering exceptional customer experiences and meeting service level requirements
- Customer experience: You own the customer experience through COE resolution channels. Support incidents need to be resolved properly, achieving overall satisfaction of the customers along with compliance to our quality programs
- Performance management: Analyze and improve the performance of your teams and provide constructive feedback to Operations Managers on a consistent basis. You will be responsible for identifying trends within your team's' performance as well as overall support trends
- Process improvement: Drive continuous process improvement to deliver a world-class experience every time, all the time. Dive deep into the numbers and make data-driven decisions
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is expected, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Prior experience in leading large and diverse teams including people managers
- Bachelor's degree required
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Your communication style is flexible to the situation. From communicating updates to your team, to discussing metrics with key stakeholders, or presenting to leadership, you communicate clearly and with a purpose.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, set team goals, develop people, and guide teams through challenging managerial situations in a 24x7 work environment
- Strong analytical skills to abstract and present data, trends and business information to support fast decision making
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, consulting, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies is highly advantageous
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.