About the Role
Uber is looking for a Senior Project Manager to support a diverse set of projects and programs that enable the Centers of Excellence (COE) and Greenlight (GL) teams to continue to grow, develop and foster a great company culture. If you are interested in being an integral part of helping shape Uber's employee experience and moving the organization forward in a meaningful and measurable way, this is the role for you.
What you'll do
- Serve as an ambassador and role model for Uber's cultural norms
- Have a strong pulse on people's beliefs, attitudes, behaviors, and values at Uber
- Be attuned to the specific needs of Uber's culture, identify root causes of engagement issues, and collaborate with the Program Manager to address them
- Manage very task driven programs; coordinating logistics and planning events in various Uber cities
- Analyze the team's cultural survey data and develop strategies to improve results in specific areas
- Organize internal and external office events, team trips, meetings and outings including vendor selection and negotiation
- Lead efforts for engagement and recognition programs targeting a positive experience for employees.
- Confidently present material to groups of 50-300 people
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism when networking and working with Senior & Executive Leaders
- Build and sustain strong relationships with People partners, the leadership team, and employees across all functions
- Partner with Workplace, IT, People and Security staff to make sure program needs are being met
- Create a team or office-wide communications about events and initiatives using various formats including internal marketing and social media
- Manage and be accountable for the E&R budget for both COE and GL
- Lead a multicultural team of specialists, located remotely across LatAm
What you'll need
- 5+ years of proven project management skills (plan and execute projects with multiple work streams and dependencies) and the ability to manage tasks involving multiple businesses to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact professionally and efficiently with internal and external partners
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills. An outstanding problem solver who is solution-oriented and has a genuine interest in helping
- Strategic and business growth mindset. Visionary skills that will push programs further continuing to prove the value of programs
- Willingness to work weekends and occasional holidays, in an operational 24/7 environment
- Ability to travel 20-30% of the time.
- Experience in Budget Management
- Strong stakeholder management. Someone who can align different opinions and make things happen.
- Proven experience managing diverse teams
About the team
The Community Operations team at Uber focuses exclusively on ensuring all of our customers have the best experience. Providing premier customer support to riders and driver partners is a core feature of our product experience.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.