Product Management, Product
in San Francisco, California
About the Role
Uber Copter is Uber's first multimodal transportation experience, where booking a flight--including Uber trips to and from the heliports--is as simple as ordering a ride. To safely and reliably execute this simple rider experience, we are building complex technical systems and operational tools that power mission-critical parts of the Copter journey including dynamic on-demand rider aggregation, contingency handling, and marketplace management. In this role, you will work closely with our Operations team in New York City to define and build the operational tools and systems that enable us to automate and scale Uber Copter operations, which will ultimately inform key product requirements for Uber Air.
What You'll Do:
- Develop deep expertise on the hardware, software, operations, and regulatory problems and opportunities that impact the execution of safe and reliable daily operations
- Drive the detailed product requirements for a range of Copter-related products, focusing on the tooling and systems that power our day-to-day operations
- Collaborate closely with digital and physical designers to manifest product requirements in beautiful, user friendly products
- Collaborate closely with data scientists and analysts to develop and rigorously track a suite of metrics that empower us to learn quickly and maintain a constant data-driven understanding of the world
- Collaborate closely with engineering to scope and execute team projects, including making tradeoffs with technical considerations
- Develop the vision and strategy for your team and get all members of cross-functional team aligned on the execution strategy, both in the short term (focused on Uber Copter) as well as the long term, which will ultimately inform Uber Air
What You'll Need:
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- 2-4 years experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them - you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished
- Ability to travel frequently (1-2 weeks per month) to New York City
- You're a generalist - experience and ability to work on a range of products and problems spaces spanning internal tools, customer-facing interfaces and experiences, digital and physical design, and data
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Ability to collaborate closely with external and internal stakeholders
- Excellent skills and a track record in organization, roadmapping, prioritization and tracking
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated experience delivering executive level presentations as well as detailed product requirement documentation
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- True passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.