About the Role
As the Employee Relations Partner, you will be contributing to and delivering Uber's Employee Engagement strategy to enhance the employee experience across the Company. You will support a wide range of activities, including coaching, conflict resolution, training, trend analysis and process/policy improvements. You have strong interpersonal skills, and you love problem-solving, knowledge-sharing, and building trusted relationships with everyone.
What You'll Do
- Coach, advise and mentor all levels of management through employee relations matters (e.g., interpersonal conflict, communication of employment decisions, advice on policy application)
- Apply conflict resolution techniques to solve employee-manager and employee-employee issues or other situational conflict
- Guide management in the application and interpretation of employment laws or regulations and HR-related policies and practices (e.g., corrective action, attendance policy)
- Manage employee concerns escalated from the Integrity Helpline, HR or ER Investigations team
- Conduct investigations under guidance from ER managers in response to a range of employee relations concerns, including harassment, discrimination, retaliation, workplace violence, and other violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures (International regions only)
- Deploy and facilitate training on various ER topics, including management best practices and HR policies at various Company locations
- Design and conduct organizational assessments and climate surveys
- Use data points to create action plans that include recommendations and creative solutions to mitigate risk
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance the employee experience and help develop and implement innovative solutions
- Collaborate with HR teams, managers and other stakeholders to advise on Company programs and organizational changes
- Participate in or manage projects led by the ER team
- Take on interesting development opportunities and challenges
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 5-8 years experience in ER, HR or related legal experience, preferably in high-tech growth environments
- Ability to coach, advise or mentor managers/employees to resolve employee concerns and conflict
- Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques
- Strong critical thinking skills, resourcefulness and agility
- Experience improving and designing HR related processes, practices and policies
- General knowledge of employment laws or regulations and understanding of company policies and practices
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work proactively to manage/complete projects with competing deadlines and produce accurate work
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing), persuade and influence stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Google Documents; Workday and/or experience using JIRA is a plus
- Flexibility to travel, including short-term assignments (e.g. one to three weeks) or extended trips to different facilities
About the Team
Our Employee Relations team works with employees and client groups to resolve workplace concerns and promote a positive employee experience throughout the Company to ensure a high level of employee satisfaction and engagement.
We strive to find the most optimal and fair solutions and opportunities to enable employees (and their teams) to grow and develop into amazing employees and managers.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.