Strategic Finance, Finance & Accounting
in San Francisco, California
About the Role
The Customer Engagement Finance team within Strategic Finance is a new finance function supporting the Uber Rewards program. The Finance Manager for Points and Rewards will be a finance partner to Uber's VP of Customer Engagement & Platform Strategy.
What you will do
- Manage a team of associates and analysts in strategic finance responsible for managing Uber's loyalty currency financial planning
- Be a thought partner to leadership on what investments we should make and what return we should expect
- Define framework to measure the return on our rewards investments
- Manage pricing sensitivity analysis and advise on unit economics
- Partner with BD finance team and Financial products finance to ensure seamless integration of financial return expectations from integrated strategy between Rewards Points, Partnerships, and Financial products
- Drive financial insights to help improve Uber's newly formed points partnership programs
- Ensure we are consistently and effectively measuring our rewards points assets and liabilities by partnering with accounting and finance operations counterparts
- Inform Uber offer portfolio across rewards, financial products and partner offers with customer value/lifetime value to increase return on points offers to our customers
- Design our next generation of business metrics reporting and forecasting models to measure effectiveness of points ecosystem strategies
What you need
- A minimum of 7 years of finance and accounting experience
- Experience managing the financial liabilities of a successful rewards program
- Knowledge of P&L and top/bottom line drivers
- Deep analytical background--experience with modeling and analytics, data visualization and business intelligence
- Structured thinking, with experience framing and solving problems with creativity and novel solutions
- Experience building relationships across all levels of an organization and presenting to anyone from executive leadership to project teams
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and managing projects
Bonus Points for
- MBA or accounting designation
- Experience at an organization with multi-billion dollar loyalty points programs which partners with banks, retail, airline, restaurant, or hotel programs.
- People management experience a plus
- Prior experience working on global projects, or in an international setting, in fast paced environment
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.