Program Manager, Engineering
in San Francisco, California
About the Role
Uber is looking for a Global Engineering Tech Brand Manager in San Francisco to develop, lead and grow our technical brand strategy across all our key Engineering Sites. This is currently a team of three program managers focused on content development and our external facing content strategy.
What You'll Do
- Be the thought leader and visionary. You will drive organizational change through collaboration while empowering others to take action and risk. You have a strong vision and plan for the future, and seek solutions from effective influencers to grow Uber's Technical Brand externally and positioning Uber as a technical leader and innovative place for Engineers to build new and exciting technology.
- Lead a team that delivers high quality content through the most effective channel (blogs, social media, conferences, etc), facilitates effective content delivery, measures program value and iterates to improve our engineering brand externally.
- Grow, coach and develop a team of program managers who create and deliver content externally, keeping the team motivated by continually reinforcing the team mission, and aligning it with the broader technical vision.
- Be a developer advocate passionate about delivering world-class technical innovation to engineers across the globe.
- Manage relationships and balance multiple demands, effectively collaborating with stakeholders, including global and regional site leads, on content and strategies that support Uber Engineering and company strategy that also align with team priorities.
- Measure, report, and analyze data to illustrate impact of content on external audiences and technical thought leaders. Fiercely prioritize new content and external strategies using data collected on gaps in branding and perception.
- Recommend and manage external vendors to bring high quality services within budget and on time to the branding strategy within the engineering organization.
- Some global travel required for this position in order to support Uber's engineering offices across the world.
What You'll Need
- Experience in managing world-class technical branding and marketing efforts
- Experience leading new, innovative technical branding programs and content producers
- Strong hands-on leadership and collaboration skills
- 6+ years experience managing branding teams
- 4+ years experience as a people manager
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach, and develop direct reports
- Passion for the branding space as well as the growth and success of employees and leaders
- Experience developing/deploying blended technical content at a global scale
- Must be highly articulate and possess exceptional communications skills
About the Team
The Tech Brand Team aims to make Uber Engineering a key organization shaping technical innovation across the industry. The Tech Brand Team provides content for million of followers and external audiences interested in Uber's technical innovation and research. You will work within the new and growing Office of the CTO org reporting to the Chief of Staff to Uber's CTO.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.