About the Role
We're looking for a Head of Marketing to lead the Uber Eats Country Marketing team in Japan. You will be responsible for accelerating customer and category growth and will be tasked with driving the execution of world-class integrated marketing plans and campaigns that deliver brand impact and growth for Uber Eats. You will report to the APAC Head of Marketing and will work with global and cross-functional partners to create the future of the brand: a trusted, iconic and influential culture and category shaper in the world of food and food delivery. This is a unique opportunity to join an exceptional team in a fast-paced and rewarding environment within one of the fastest growing businesses at Uber.
What You'll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of country level priorities (business targets, P&L priorities, segmentation) to be a thought partner with the General Manager and generate a marketing strategy & plans for the market
- As a member of the country leadership team for Uber Eats, act as the primary marketing POC for key stakeholders (Ops, Policy & Comms, CommOps, etc) and an escalation point for your team
- Lead a team of talented brand marketers and work to accelerate team performance and team culture
- Drive customer and category business growth through implementation of integrated brand and retail strategy & campaigns, ensuring a high degree of excellence from start to finish
- Identify, and prioritise for your team, uniquely local marketing opportunities aligned with business priorities (major events, partnerships, seasonal moments, etc) and deliver campaigns or activations against them
- Provide general and Uber Eats-specific state of the market assessments for your country and report back with in-market feedback and insights
- Manage and guide your team on the localisation of relevant content to support marketing efforts
- Oversee country level events and partnerships to deepen connections with eaters, driver partners, eaters, couriers and restaurant partners
- Manage a team of Country Marketing Associates/ Senior Associates who will be responsible for the execution of country marketing initiatives, providing them with coaching and guidance
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related discipline. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum 10+ years in consumer marketing or related experience with a successful record of delivering work with measurable business results on time and on budget
- Excellent Agency Management skills with proven track record of strong leadership
- 5+ years of team leadership experience, with proven ability to grow and manage high performance teams across a broad spectrum of levels and experience. Demonstrated ability to coach, motivate and manage teams through change effectively
- 3+ years of experience as final point of accountability for commercial targets and business results
- A strong and cultivated network within the industry
- Experience of creating country marketing strategies based on a clearly defined global strategy
- Good relationship management as you will engage with partners across several different functions as well as global marketing colleagues in order to be successful
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to bring to life the Uber Eats brand in a way that is both consistent with our global brand positioning but also meaningful to local culture and customs
- A strong customer-centric mindset - you are always thinking about how our customers interact with the brand
- The ability to take the initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and a willingness to adopt a generalist mindset.
About the Team
- Responsible for accelerating customer and category growth and will be tasked with driving the execution of world-class integrated marketing plans and campaigns that deliver brand impact and growth for Uber Eats
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.