About the Role
We are looking for an exceptional people engagement, communications, and change management professional to join our APAC Centers of Excellence (in-house center network) to lead our related efforts across all four (4) Centers of Excellence sites located in the Philippines and India. This role will be managing and monitoring a wide variety of site level and regional projects, and integrating communications perspectives on management reporting, change management, and people engagement.
What You'll Do
- Build relationships with the APAC COE leadership teams, and partner on their communications to their teams and integrate COE's efforts with other Community Operations teams
- Develop and implement internal communications strategies for the Head of APAC COE and the APAC leadership team
- Collaborate with APAC Policy and Communications team and Central APAC Community Operations team colleagues to align internal and external messaging, and to ensure consistency across comms strategies
- Produce superb written internal communications and succinct talking points for executive leaders, and deliver constructive feedback
- Lead the execution of regular All Hands, Monthly Business Reviews, and Staff Meetings and other major internal events
- Partner with other internal comms colleagues on people and culture initiatives
- Help create a vibrant culture that attracts and retains the best talent for Centers of Excellence
- Manage various executive visits and events within the APAC COE network
- Provide leadership over measuring employee engagement and happiness metrics and drive measurable improvements across all sites
- Manage, support and monitor various regional and site level projects, across multiple teams dealing with e.g. people initiatives, communications improvements, events, management reporting, and keeping track of plans, quality and timelines for such activities
- Work with senior leadership for APAC to ensure we are able to achieve desired goals and work towards timely execution
- Strong communication skills to ensure unified completion of programs across multiple sites
- Estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources accordingly, while driving adherence and compliance with deadlines on deliverables as assigned to projects
- Proactively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress. Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
- Provide leadership to a cross-country team consisting of country specific middle management and junior comms and engagement team members and coach and mentor the members of the team
- Manage other assigned regional people engagement responsibilities and staff related to e.g. Rewards & Recognition, Pay For Performance, Time Management, ERGs, Administrative Assistance, and Executive Visits
What You'll Need
- An excellent writer who can quickly understand and articulate what we need employees to know, feel, and do; distill complex ideas into simple, honest and compelling communications; and be attentive to detail and zoom in to master the details and zoom out to keep an eye on the big picture. You are also able to deliver succinct talking points and superb written communications for leaders
- A skilled business storyteller who is creative about how we tell those stories, from channels to format to timing, to get the right information at the right time
- A strong influencer - We succeed by building effective relationships, and using those relationships to enable the best possible outcome for Uber and employees. Communicating directly and respectfully, and thereby earning the confidence of our internal business partners, is paramount
- A nimble self-starter - Uber is a company of entrepreneurs--we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up too. Stuff changes fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable, calm under pressure, and able to drive progress amid ambiguity
- A team player - Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams around shared goals. Our team has well-organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done, and who know when to lead and when to be a thought partner
- Highly organized - We are a scrappy team who always has multiple projects in flight. You'll need to be well-organized and a project manager extraordinaire who can keep everything moving forward and everyone up to date
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items. Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand complex concepts and work across multiple functions and teams.
- Demonstrate initiative, persistence, ability to problem solve, and enthusiasm for learning new skills. Offer creative thinking and solutions.
- Proven to work well under pressure and is flexible on the fly
- Demonstrated ability to use different media channels effectively to deliver meaningful content with measurable results
- Strong people management experience
- Ideally experienced in managing professional team across counties and regions
- At least a Bachelor's degree in relevant field
About the Team
This individual will report to the Head of APAC Centers of Excellence and also leads the supports for the rest of the APAC leadership team. The candidate should be a self-motivated communications and engagement professional with experience handling targeted business messaging. The candidate must be willing to create communication strategies around which meaningful content can be built that aligns strongly with the changes and initiatives planned.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.