Central Operations, Operations & Launch
in Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the Role
We are looking for an EMEA Regional Operations Manager, Fraud to help us eliminate fraud in cities around EMEA, by designing and executing processes, projects, communications and experiments driven by a deep and analytical understanding of our business.
What You'll Do
- Help design, coordinate and lead Uber's strategy to minimize fraud across the Uber marketplace
- Develop and implement new risk mitigation solutions and frameworks that improve our ability to deter, detect, measure and intervene against fraudulent activity, including better operational processes, automated systems and upstream design solutioning
- Strategy. Working with the wider Risk organisation, you will shape your roadmap and decide which projects and areas of compliance and fraud the central team should focus on and set an aggressive timeline to reach those goals
- Work with Product, Engineering and Finance leaders to define shared goals, influence product roadmap which could reduce fraud and be the voice of EMEA for all related matters
- Partner Relations. Manage driver education and help them avoid fraudulent behaviors
- Stakeholder management. Closely work together with stakeholders from across the region and the world to deliver world-class anti-fraud measures
- Evaluate risk potential of new product features or business lines and inform decision-making at the design stage
- Hustle. Take ownership of Uber's growth in EMEA and do whatever it takes to get the job done
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of work experience developing a best-in-class understanding of databases, data relationships and data integrity (we are building out a team with people with a variety of experience levels)
- Direct experience and intimate knowledge of fraud management, online/mobile channel platforms and functionalities, with specific experience in leveraging risk models, device print technologies, API dependent solutions, and multi-factor authentication strategies.
- Expert SQL experience is a must and strong analytical skills and creative problem solving ability.
- BS/Masters in Maths, Physics, CS, Statistics, Economics or other quantitative field.
- Development experience in at least one scripting language a plus (Python preferred)
- Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment and solve difficult problems without direct supervision
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail; accuracy is imperative.
- You get the maths right and aspire to build the right solution; you appreciate being part of a team that holds each other to a high bar
- Willingness to travel across EMEA when required
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.