Sales, Business Development & Sales
in San Francisco, California
About the Role
As the Head of Growth you will be part of the Uber Works leadership team, owning the entire client lifecycle from prospecting to retention. You are directly responsible for the top line growth of Uber Works by managing and growing the sales team, establishing and growing non-sales partnerships and overseeing our geographic expansion efforts.
In this role you would work closely with other functions of the business, such as product, central operations, data science and others. You would be heavily involved in strategic decisions such as pricing and vertical expansion and operationalize our growth programs across the United States.
What You'll Do
- Own the client lifecycle for the Uber Works platform, from acquisition to retention
- Set the vision for Uber Works' client growth and expansion and work cross-functionally with engineering, product, data science, S&P, marketing and other key areas of the business
- BIG BOLD BETS: Drive the acquisition and activation of business customers by finding creative, unconventional and cost-efficient channels to build the customer base and grow the business
- Establish close partnerships with other Uber verticals e.g. freight, rides, eats and JUMP to leverage the platform effect
- Work closely with the leads of all key functional areas to build growth loops to enable the product to be self-sustaining. Get us from a startup, to high growth, to an established and sustainable company.
- Build and lead a world class client growth organization to enable Uber Works to scale through high impact programs; develop a strong, execution-oriented growth team that operationalises ideas and meets & exceeds GB targets
- Think outside of the box to identify and follow through on strategic partnerships (sales & non-sales) that will contribute to Uber Works' growth and differentiated value proposition
- Operationalize the demand arm of the business to make it more scalable, predictable (detailed forecasting to enable supply/ demand balancing) and successful
- Build strong and long-lasting relationships with our top partners as well as identify and lead the sales process for the largest national enterprise accounts
- Be heavily involved in the development of pricing, vertical and geographic expansion strategies, including supervising and informing the launch roadmap
- Closely collaborate with the Central Operations team (which owns growth on the Worker side as well as the matching of supply and demand)
- Communicate and present ideas both internally and externally
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in business development/ sales, ideally in a startup/ marketplace setting
- At least 5 years of proven success in a managerial role, including demonstrated ability to build and scale a team
- A passion for on-demand marketplace platforms and improving the lives of Workers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven project management skills (3+ years of managing high impact, cross-functional projects) including using data to establish priorities, developing a strategy to pursue them, and managing cross-functional stakeholders
- Attention to detail balanced with swift execution
- Ability to be on call when the product is busiest (often nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Resilience in fast-paced, high profile and ever-changing situatIons
- Bachelor's Degree (MBA or relevant Master's degree a bonus)
About the Team
Uber Works is a platform that connects workers with big and small businesses. Finding new ways to earn and filling your staffing needs are just a few clicks away.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.