About the Role
The Restaurant Operations Analyst role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on the success of Uber Eats in South Africa. The Restaurant Operations Analyst will support the South African business and Restaurant team by developing a deep, quantitative understanding of local market dynamics, building and nurturing relationships with key local stakeholders and jumping on challenges as they emerge.
This role calls for a combination of communication and stakeholder management skills, strong data and process-driven thinking, and the interpersonal ability to work with teams from across the business. Further, as Uber Eats is a new business and remains a fast paced environment, we are looking for a highly adaptable candidate who is able to switch between long-term strategic initiatives one moment and pivot into rapid, tactical actions the next.
What You'll Do
- Improve or innovate new processes by identifying operational areas of improvement to keep the restaurant team as efficient as possible
- Lead projects that leverage data and analytics to develop an in-depth understanding of Restaurants (compelling 'stories' and synthesized insights) and how to improve their performance. Identify opportunity areas, influence cross-functional partners, and execute projects to deliver sustained and material growth
- Provide insights to understand business context and market opportunity, surface gaps and opportunities, and develop business plans to build cross-functional alignment on actions to improve Restaurant success and business growth
- Own data analysis and visualisation, and communicate the outcomes / insights to various stakeholders to aid strategic decisions that lead to improved Restaurant experience
- Understand, track, and improve metrics such as Restaurant reliability, quality, and profitability
- Develop, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist decision-making for sales, account management, territory leads, and operations managers
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 3 years of rigorous quantitative analysis / data-driven problem-solving experience. Bachelor's degree (preferably in a quantitative field such as math, statistics, physics, chemistry, engineering, economics, computer science, operational research)
- Excel skills and SQL knowledge is necessary, Python knowledge a plus
- Experience of Operations Management / management consulting / data analytics work in a large business, or of growing a startup.
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and modelling ability. Ability to present complex data in a simple-to-understand manner.
- Self-starter; empathetic and leans in and embraces rolling up your sleeves; collaborative, and process-driven. High adaptability to change and ability to execute quickly. Able to pivot quickly from long-term thinking to immediate action tactical response
- Able to cope with ambiguity and an environment where not everything works yet. Leads with ownership of problem-solving
- Curious and eager to learn about all aspects of the business. Can build up skills and knowledge very fast to become a recognized subject matter expert amongst your peers
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.