Business Development, Business Development & Sales
in San Francisco, California
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity to become a key member of the Payments Partnerships team. Your focus will be on consumer-facing financial partnerships, especially as they relate to incentives for loyalty and engagement. In this role, you'll build and manage relationships with our financial services partners, work closely with internal cross-functional groups, help set global payments strategy as it relates to using partner funding to drive loyalty and engagement, and make executive-level recommendations. We're looking for a motivated self-starter who thrives in a team environment and is excited to scale existing and create new opportunities within Uber.
What You'll Do
- Manage a portfolio of Uber's existing partners that provide consumer benefits on the Uber platform (e.g., American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, etc.), and source new partners that can increase the consumer value proposition to drive platform loyalty.
- Coordinate with Finance to manage the P&L for global consumer-facing partnerships, continuously evaluating and executing creative and sensible commercial actions to drive growth and efficiencies to scale a mutually beneficial business.
- Contribute to the Payments Partnership team's global strategy in concert with Product, Business Development, Marketing, Strategy & Planning and Finance, including opportunity sizing and resource prioritization.
- Evaluate strategic partnerships and initiative opportunities across geographies, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Demonstrate strong quantitative skills by building financial models that uncover the implications of current and new opportunities financial impact to Uber.
- Envision new ways that strategic partnerships can positively impact key payments and core business objectives applying creativity and business acumen
- Drive accountability by managing your partner deals through a process that ensures cross functional alignment and accountability.
- Interface and serve as point of contact for external counterparts and beyond up to C-level executives, alongside seasoned BD professionals for complex deals and relationships
- Proactively communicate and keep global team up to speed on progress and changes
What You'll Need
- 6-8 years of experience with preference for prior business development, strategic partnerships, management consulting, and/or product experience
- A blend of executional excellence and collaboration in highly matrixed organization managing opportunities while dealing with rapid growth
- Highly analytical with strong problem-solving skills that can be applied to new situations quickly
- Skilled in stakeholder management with some level of experience in negotiation and deal making
- Presence and poise to successfully interact with partners' senior level executives, and political savviness to address difficult topics while maintaining an amicable relationship
- Raw intellect that allows you to keep up with Uber's pace, demonstrating both big picture, structured thinking and ability to engage in the details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that allow you to dynamically flex from earning trust and mapping out strategic objectives with senior-level execs to leveraging performance metrics with marketing, product, engineering, finance, and legal counterparts to define and paint a compelling vision
- Prior experience in the financial services space is an important aspect of being able to deal with the partner and deal complexity that Uber will face over the next several years.
About the Team
Payments at Uber is a strategic differentiator and one of the most fundamental pieces of the Uber experience globally. From taking a trip to ordering a meal to making driving the most flexible source of income for driver partners, payments plays a central role. Further, one of Uber's next great frontiers is to build custom financial products to deepen our relationship with consumers and drive loyalty to the Uber platform of services. We are just getting started laying the foundation for a suite of new consumer facing products that will change the way people think about Uber across the 65 countries in which we operate.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.