About the Role
The Sr. Technical Lead Manager of Data Science for the Global Customer Engagement and Platform Strategy Team will play a pivotal role in developing best in class customer engagement practices for Uber across all consumer-facing products.
What You'll Do
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your team
- Drive cross-functional teams to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Drive experimental design and analysis of consumer behavior
- Define and manage universal customer attribute data sets and funnel datasets
- Drive innovation, generate and validate new data, tactics and product ideas that maximize our business impact
- Be creative - relentlessly identify new ideas and data sources to solve very difficult problems
- Generate actionable insights from funnel and customer data
- Support business reporting, tooling, and experimenting.
- Collaborate with Uber internal stakeholders, including the product operations, finance, legal, policy, and global operations teams to ensure that our technology supports Uber's business objectives globally
- Lead the creation of pragmatic, prioritized, actionable roadmaps that effectively distill vision and strategy into efficiently shipped results
- Lead a world-class team that includes a combination of Data Scientists, Data Analysts, and Engineers. You'll be leading several direct reports initially and will have the opportunity to create, scale and nourish a team of experienced professionals
What You'll Need
- Excellent educational background in a quantitative field, such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics/Econometrics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science - graduate degree required and PhD degree preferred
- 6+ years of professional experience (post-graduation) delivering, scaling, and managing highly successful and innovative machine learning products
- Prior management / team-lead experience
- The willingness to be hands-on as you balance day to day tasks with building out and leading your team
- Demonstrable proficiency in coding (Python, Spark, and R preferred) and programming concepts
- Building and maintaining production services
- A passion for experimentation, with deep experience in experimental design, execution, and analysis
- Knowledge of core ML concepts (i.e. feature discovery and engineering, model validation, retraining strategies)
- A commitment to learning - we want someone who seeks to deliver impact and also invests in themselves and others
- A strong communicator who can partner with others to set a vision and then collaborate to deliver impactful results that are well explained
About the Team
The Global Customer Engagement Strategy team is a new team at Uber responsible for pushing our thinking beyond the here and now: working cross functionally to evolve our systems, approach, processes and goals to deliver long-term customer value across business lines, uniting our cross-platform investments and leveraging our scale. This team is at the center of innovation; developing humanizing and personalized incentive strategies to engage and retain customers across all Uber platforms. It will also define the platform growth strategies behind our new business offerings that will increase access to our platform for new customer segments and use cases.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.