About the Role
We're looking for exceptional legal professionals to join our Central Ops Counsel Team, which is a legal unit housed within Uber's US & Canada Team, which provides general counseling to the rideshare business with a focus on regulatory work. The Central Ops Counsel Team supports Uber's Central Ops Team, which develops and implements all centralized business initiatives for Uber's rides business in the US. This role can be located in either Washington, DC or San Francisco.
What You'll Do
- Serve as front-line attorney advising the Central Operations Team. You will advise on a wide range of issues, including regulatory compliance, litigation risk, and consumer protection issues. You will work directly with business clients to provide on-the-ground support and identify potential legal issues on all business initiatives, compliance processes, and product launches overseen by this business unit.
- Act as a legal generalist while providing specialist support to clients and legal members in selected areas of expertise. You will be the primary point of contact for legal issues for that team, collaborating closely with others in Legal to get holistic advice for your teams and serving as a strategic thought partner for the business unit.
- Develop expertise in transportation network company (TNC) regulations and coordinate cross-regional regulatory reviews of new product launches and business initiatives for Uber's Regulatory Team.
- Develop expertise in relevant operations unit so that you serve as a subject matter expert for the Regulatory Team and other Legal Teams on litigation matters, government investigations, commercial negotiations, and regulatory proceedings.
- Create processes and templates that business partners and legal colleagues can use to streamline legal advice for the business.
- Support business unit that oversees Uber's airport operations, including negotiating operating agreements with airport authorities, advising business on its compliance obligations, and engaging with airport authorities on company's behalf.
What You'll Need
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state is required.
- More than five (5) years legal experience in a combination of law firm and in-house settings.
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating commercial transactions. Experience negotiating contracts with governmental entities a plus.
- Prior experience advising on technical regulatory matters is preferred.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Adept at identifying and scaling routine business operations.
- Inquisitiveness, along with the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of a matter, and articulate plans to address
- Ability to present information/complex legal matters clearly and concisely.
- Collaborative approach with both business and legal groups, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.