Strategic Operations Managers are responsible for developing business strategies, such as how we balance our marketplace, target and deploy customer promotions, manage local markets and address operational weaknesses. They balance improving or innovating new processes with setting and delivering on core goals to meet business needs.
What You'll Do
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in business decision-making
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes
- Build, maintain, communicate, and present detailed reporting at city, regional, and mega-regional levels
- Present findings and insights to senior management to drive business decisions
- Collaborate with local and Central Operations teams, as well as marketing, product and other central functions, to ensure that insights inform broader strategic initiatives
- Plan and execute projects of varying time horizons and scope with minimal guidance, requiring excellent stakeholder and project management skills
What You'll Need
- 3-7 years experience in roles which included project delivery, process implementation, stakeholder management, and data analysis; some high-growth operations or startup experience is an advantage
- Passion for improving user experience
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Experience managing senior stakeholders and collaborating cross-functionally
- Great team player with strong, demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Excel / data management skills with a knack for finding the value in the data and using it to inform decisions
- Bachelor's degree required
Potential Focus Areas
- Roll out new products & product features; monitor and A/B test to optimise performance; collaborate with marketing to drive customer engagement
- Advocate for national safety needs while being the voice of safety in cross-functional discussions and help to build a culture that puts safety at the heart of everything we do
- Work with local regulators and internal Operations, Marketing, Public Affairs, and Product teams to operationalize regulatory obligations and help launch new markets in Canada
- Work closely with Operations teams across the world to bring best practice and improve the rider and driver experience in Canada
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.