About the Role
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
Uber's Privacy and Cybersecurity team is a global team of privacy professionals dedicated to making Uber a trusted steward of our users' data. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
What You Will Do
- Provide privacy and data protection guidance to Uber's product teams, such as those supporting our ridesharing, Uber Eats, JUMP bike/scooters, Uber Freight and self-driving businesses
- Assist business and engineering teams on incorporating privacy by design into products/services and adopting innovative privacy solutions from inception to end-of-life.
- Drive compliance efforts relating to global privacy and data protection regulations.
- Counsel clients on privacy and security incident preparedness and management.
- Research and track global privacy and security legislation, evolving regulations, and enforcement and translating that into practical advice.
- Create and present engaging training and awareness content, and further develop our Privacy Champions program.
- Update and Uber's external privacy notices, internal privacy and data handling policies, playbooks, and other materials supporting Uber's privacy program.
What You Will Need
- J. D. with a minimum of 5 years of legal experience, including 3 years of privacy and data protection experience
- Strong knowledge of U.S. and global privacy laws, including the GDPR and CCPA
- Experience providing privacy advice relating to marketing, ad tech, and payment
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues.
- Consistent good judgment and ability to apply legal knowledge to help create practical business solutions
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, a sense of humor and ability to constructively manage change.
- Strong execution and project management skills and ability to corral stakeholders from across the organization on cross-functional projects.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to present information/complex legal matters clearly, and concisely.
- In-house legal experience preferred, particularly in connection with technology platforms
- Confident, collaborative, and able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about your work and a desire to have a big impact.
- Active membership in at least one U. S. state bar
- CIPP certification preferred
- Enthusiastic about Uber
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.