About the Role
Uber Freight is a game-changing company creating innovative new products in the logistics and trucking industries. We are currently searching for a Paralegal for our Uber Freight Legal Team, with specific expertise in supporting a growing and fast-moving organization through managing commercial transactions, as well as developing and scaling project management processes. The role will report through the Uber Freight Legal Team which is part of Uber's Enterprise Product Legal Team. You will be based at Uber Freight's Chicago office.
What You'll Do
- Work with a highly collaborative Uber Freight Legal Team, taking the lead on contract and product management processes, including working to scale existing processes that manage contractual relationships through their life cycle and track the review of new products for the Uber Freight business team.
- Establish legal tools, playbooks and policies. Help create and update standards and practices for legal review and approvals.
- Coordinate all aspects of contract administration, including basic review, drafting and negotiation, managing approval and signature processes, distribution and archiving, and escalating critical issues.
- Identify gaps in processes and build scalable solutions to support an ever-growing business team.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of contracts administration experience in a law firm and/or in-house environment, with experience working with organizations to negotiate, draft and finalize sales agreements preferred.
- Be a contracts pro. You have the experience and confidence to review or help coordinate on a broad variety of agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, services agreements, basic technology licenses, and purchase terms and conditions. You spot issues, are not afraid to ask questions and possess the judgement to escalate certain type of agreements and issues to others on the legal team.
- Technical savvy. Can create/use Word documents, Excel templates, Google Docs, project management tools and e-signing tools. Familiarity with contract management systems like SpringCM is a plus.
- Be a good communicator. You know how to communicate clearly whether writing or speaking.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied team and you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away on and solving problems.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated. You have superior organizational skills, high integrity and you follow-through on tasks.
- Experience with contract / information management systems a plus.
- B.A./B.S. preferred. This is a paralegal (non-attorney) track role.
- Enthusiastic about Uber Freight!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.