Internal Audit, Finance & Accounting
in San Francisco, California
About the Role
The IA Manager owns the stakeholder relationship with a cross section of senior leaders over the Legal function globally and a Line of Business or region, and maintains effective leadership presence, expertise and contribution over those areas.
What You'll Do
- Perform advanced-level and/or managerial professional internal auditing projects.
- Provide significant input to the development of the annual Internal Audit playbook to ensure optimal coverage of Legal risks; all with an emphasis on a value-based approach designed to assist management in the attainment of their objectives.
- Deliver, at the speed of the business, measurable value to the Company from both value protection and value creation perspective.
- Maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards, and ensure internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with the IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Provide insight and foresight to management and acts as a respected governance partner & advisor.
What You'll Need
- 10+ years of internal audit or a risk management function in the legal industry or related field, including 4+ years with managerial responsibilities
- Sound knowledge and experience in regulatory and legal requirements for multinational technology companies Preferred candidate will have a good working knowledge in a majority of the following subjects: antitrust and competition, corporate legal operations, intellectual property, labor relations, marketing and consumer protection, privacy & cybersecurity regulations and product counsel operations
- Experience working for companies or in environments with major policy work and lobbying efforts for new products or hybrid industries preferred
- Strong risk-minded individual with extensive experience in the following:
- managing audits within a complex operational and regulatory environment (experience auditing a diverse suite of products is a plus)
- evaluating controls associated with complex business processes and systems in a microservice oriented architecture
- working cross-functionally with diverse teams including Product, Engineering, Legal and Operations
- serving as a trusted risk advisor to management and senior leadership in areas of legal and regulatory compliance for scalable and long term recommendations
- Exceptional executive presence, influencing skills and the ability to discuss complex issues across all levels of the organization
- Strong supervisory and time management skills, including experience in managing a staff of diverse professionals.
- JD, CRCM, CIA, CPA or other relevant professional certification highly desired.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting, or a related field though Graduate or Master's Degree preferred.
- Experience in multiple regulatory jurisdictions highly desired.
About the Team
Internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization's operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.