About the Role
Operations are the heart of JUMP as a line of business - ensuring our vehicles (bikes and scooters) are maintained and charged - exactly when and where our customers need them, 24/7/365. As the Operations Coordinator, you will work with the Senior Operations Manager to help create and implement operational strategies, refine processes, and drive the innovation that will determine the continued success of not only JUMP in this market, but will lay the blueprint for future JUMP systems everywhere.
The Operations Coordinator role demands a self-starting, challenge-seeking problem solver. We're looking for someone who is process-driven, detail-oriented, and organized, but also excited to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. The role will split time behind a computer and in the warehouse / field, as you will be responsible for owning and refining operational processes. You will report to the Senior Operations Manager.
What You'll Do
- Build and staff the operations and/or mechanic team, from defining hiring needs, executing on those needs, and training new team members
- Manage scheduling, attendance, and general administration of our operations team
- Create a fun, inclusive, and safe work culture. Above all else, you will be responsible to ensure the safety of your team and our riders
- Problem Solve. We operate a technology platform and capital assets in dynamic urban environments. All kinds of obstacles, barriers, problems, and snags happen on a daily basis and you must be ready to solve them as fast as they happen
- Create & Optimize Process. We are launching a new product in new environments - we not only need to create and constantly optimize our own processes for this operation, but for the many JUMP systems that are to follow in the near future
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Wear many different hats. This role will have ownership over areas including managing a large and diverse team of field technicians and/or mechanics, overseeing our operations in the field or the warehouse, facilities and vehicle upkeep, workplace safety, parts inventory, charging infrastructure, process creation, project management, etc.
- Ability to learn new skills and grow with the role. As JUMP continues to expand, this role will be charged with directing and overseeing additional operational processes and projects
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements. The ideal candidate will have leadership experience in a fast-paced work environment
- Intermediate English level required
- Experience solving complex problems, exercising good judgement in ambiguous circumstances, and effectively communicating across a diverse team
- Comfortable learning and using new software tools
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build relationships, lead a team, manage employees, and create a hard-working but fun workplace. People management must be a passion
- Proven to be self-motivated, self-directed, and eager to take ownership of tasks to ensure solution
- Black belt in problem-solving
- Excellent organization and time management systems for yourself and your team
- Knowledge or passion for any of the following a plus: the local market, mobility, mechanics, and data/analytics
- SQL not required but highly prefered
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.