Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary escalation point for the frontline global support team via chat, onsite, or ticketing system
- In collaboration with team members and IT leadership, implement great support processes, procedures, and documentation consistent with standards
- Deploy automated, self service capabilities with tools like CrashPlan and Jira
- Identify opportunities for business enablement through smart use of technology
- Develop and implement guidelines for the deployment and management of systems and software
- Mentor junior team members
- Manage, support, and provision business application in a cloud-based environment
- Write clear, concise documentation for team members.
- Evaluate and recommend new software platforms and services
- Actively participate in and lead team on-boarding training sessions
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Computers or Business related field, or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years of Desktop Support\Engineering experience
- Strong knowledge of Mac OS X system administration and applications: OS configuration, troubleshooting, and knowledge of applications.
- Expert with Windows PC troubleshooting and application support.
- Experience with administering Google Apps for Business, including comprehensive knowledge of Mail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, and Groups.
- Working knowledge of VoIP, VideoConference systems and other collaborative technologies.
- Comfortable with managing Security and Mail groups (dynamic/ criteria based and static), in addition to Google and AD user account management.
- Experience in supporting global users remotely and in-person.
- Comfortable doing first line troubleshooting and diagnostics on WiFi and Wired networks.
- Effective, professional communicator, mediator, and facilitator, bridging communication between technical and non-technical staff.
- Bonus: experience with Apple MDM \ Airwatch and other Client Security tools.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.