Insurance, Safety, Security & Insurance
New York, New York |
San Francisco, California
About the Role
The Senior Associate, Insurance Finance will work closely with internal and external stakeholders, interacting on a day to day basis with Uber's Accounting, Actuarial, and Engineering teams to report Uber's insurance spend accurately and timely.
What You'll Do
- Support financial reporting for Uber's rapidly growing and unique insurance operations across the world
- Business partnership: Support International Risk Managers on Renewals, New policies, and Rate adjustments by preparing historical and projected exposure reports. Partner with Insurance Accounting, Internal Auditors, and Financial Risk Management to properly document and allocate finely-segmented insurance costs.
- Financial planning: serve as a primary point of contact for the Annual Budget and long-range planning process for insurance
- Establishment of scalable processes: find efficiencies and help automate the Monthly Insurance Accruals process as Uber transitions from startup to enterprise
- Reporting: report Actual vs. Budgeted Insurance Spend by line of business, country, etc. for Quarterly Business Reviews with Executive Leadership Team
- Interim and Year-End Audit: Perform management testing of Key Financial controls, coordinate remediation plans for deficiencies, continually improve processes to mitigate existing and emerging risks, and build and maintain flowcharts, narratives and control documentation for all Insurance Finance processes
- Mentor: Mentor, grow, and develop junior team members and contribute to the ongoing development of our team norms, mission, and goals
- Special projects: New initiatives always come up. Be prepared to engage in ad-hoc financial analysis and drive cross-functional initiatives
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar
- Minimum of 4 years in Insurance, Finance or Accounting role at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization
- Elite Excel skills - Best practices are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable, and intuitive
- Excellent communication and people skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people
- Self-starter - You will take initiative, be dedicated, set and drive toward goals
- Attention to detail - consistent with swift execution
- Knowledge of the Balance Sheet, P&L and Statement of Cash Flows
- Deep analytical background (experience with modeling and analytics)
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form across a wide array of internal and external stakeholders
Bonus Points If
- Big 4 accounting firm and/or internet/technology industry experience
- CPA or MBA or CAS exams completed
- Experience working with SQL, Tableau or Python
- Audit (internal or external), controls, compliance or risk management experience
- Demonstrated project management experience (PM certification a plus)
- Experience managing, monitoring and remediating deficient financial controls
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.