About the Role
The Uber Eats Regional Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services, Uber Eats. This is a critical role bringing together a three-sided marketplace and optimizing the food delivery process. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to manage internal stakeholders.
This is an intense business and this person will work in the Eats LatAm Regional Operations teams collaborating with Marketing and Restaurants Verticals, Sub-Regional and Local Ops teams and product team. This role will have direct responsibility for sustainability and reliability of the LatAm Uber Eats business.
What You'll Do
- Develop & Optimize Analytics Assets - Scale new and existing analytical assets to allow the business to efficiently operate and realize growth. Analytical assets include machine learning models, experiments, dashboards, etc.
- Analytics - Use various business intelligence techniques to bring deeper understanding of courier, restaurant, and eater metrics. Uncover hidden patterns and business drivers that optimize our different business equations. Use data to challenge the status quo and drive teams to action!
- Strategy - Choose which projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly
- Product Improvement - Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless Eater, courier, and restaurant experience; Lead new product feature deployment and proactively give feedback to the product team
- Be owner - Take ownership of Uber Eats' growth in LatAm and do everything you can to support and enhance the quality of our services; We expect you to be proactive and resourceful in order to remove road blockers and find creative solutions
What You'll Need
- 3 years of high performing work experience in startup, strategy, operations, analytics, business development, or a variety of other specialty roles with demonstrated ability in quantitative fields is expected, but we'll evaluate candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Professional proficiency in English and Portuguese
- Technical expertise: SQL knowledge required, R or Python highly desired
- Experience with Machine learning, experimentation, modeling in general, business intelligence, data mining, data pipelines
- Problem solving - Being able to solve issues that involve people, things, and processes by using logic, common sense and data. Identifying the root cause of a problem as opposed to focusing on the symptoms
- A quantitative Bachelor's degree (engineering, mathematics, finance, economics, physics, etc.)
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment while maintaining flexibility and a collaborative attitude
- A willingness to be "on the ground" working responsively with our driver and restaurant partners
- Good communication skills that will allow you to clearly explain your work and to participate in constructive debate
- Stakeholder management
- Experience working within a matrix and multi-country located organization
- Experience creating and optimizing processes a plus, but not required
About the Team
The Regional Operations team are brilliant and analytic people developing best practices, thinking out of the box and coordinating with city teams to create magic along Latam, leading and improving the health and growth of our business, drive by the positive and innovative impact of their actions.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.