About the Role
As an Atlassian Sr. Systems Engineer on the Atlassian team at Uber you will focus on ensuring Uber's teams are empowered to do their best and most efficient work. You will be partnering with the senior leadership of the Atlassian team to rollout enhancements to our infrastructure and ensure that the systems are architected and monitored appropriately. Additionally you will function as a key subject matter expert of Atlassian products while influencing the design of our solutions and overall product roadmap.
What You'll Do
- Handle support requests that have been escalated beyond level 2 support.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to design and implement solutions consistent with industry best practices
- Create templates, team boards, dashboards, custom fields, workflows, schemes, etc.
- Serve as a JIRA administrator/engineer and maintain responsibility for administration, maintenance, upgrades, enhancements to JIRA, and integrations with other tools or plugins.
- Administer JIRAs core and software, and formulate technical solutions using JIRA and associated JIRA plugins or Atlassian products.
- Serve as the JIRA and Atlassian technical resource to ensure the adoption of development and workflow processes
- Develop solutions extending Atlassian REST services and JIRA plugins using the Atlassian SDK
- Implement various, integrated JIRA solutions to enable capacity planning, long-term resource planning, financial management and portfolio reporting capabilities
- Provide in-depth training to business users on JIRA and Confluence features and functions
- Authorize and endorse best practices for the usage of JIRA Standardize and consolidate application solutions and processes across the organization
- Become a strong Atlassian community member that regularly attends community events to stay current on emerging trends and new releases.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience as an Atlassian Administrator
- 5+ years as a Linux System Administrator
- Experience deploying and managing the Atlassian Product Suite at an enterprise scale.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, development, and implementation of Atlassian tools and customization.
- Expert level experience creating custom Workflows, Issues, Fields, and Screens
- Must have a solid background utilizing an agile framework (e.g. Scrum, Extreme Programming, Kanban) in software development.
- Self-starter to manage multiple projects simultaneously while remaining engaged with stakeholders
- Assertive individual who seeks the correct solution to meet business requirements with a mind toward security and user experience
- Appreciation for thorough implementation of a solution, including gathering data, proof-of-concept of ideas / testing and validating that solution meets the business need.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Team player, with strong interpersonal skills.
About the Team
The Atlassian Team at Uber manages some of the largest installations of Atlassian products in the world. We are spread across the world and look at ourselves as an Atlassian Expert Partner within Uber. We provide all manner of services to the company, from consultation to implementation to administration of all Atlassian products.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.