About the Role
Uber is changing the world, and the Uber Legal Team is proud to be part of that. We're looking for exceptional legal professionals to join our legal team in San Francisco. The Rideshare Product Legal team provides front-line legal support for the development, growth and maintenance of multiple projects and programs supporting Uber's core ridesharing business. We are a highly collaborative team that is integrating deeply with its clients to provide innovative solutions. We're looking for exceptional legal professionals to join our legal team in San Francisco.
This is a cross functional role, working across Uber's platforms and services, and with multiple PMs and engineers on a wide array of projects, across the entire Uber ecosystem of business units and operations.
What You'll Do
- Serve as a lead attorney, advising Uber's dynamic product managers, engineers, deal makers, designers, analysts, and operations specialists who develop, launch, and constantly improve the technology that powers millions of trips everyday for 75 million riders and 3 million driver-partners.
- Identify and resolve wide-ranging legal issues, including consumer protection, privacy, data security, transactional and commercial law, litigation risk, intellectual property, licensing, and antitrust, working directly with business clients to provide on-the-ground support.
- Operate on a global basis, coordinating with global counterparts on global requirements and execution.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in the Platforms & Services legal team and other legal teams, such as Labor & Employment, Privacy, IP and Marketing, to provide comprehensive advice, and solve legal problems quickly for the teams you support.
- Provide day-to-day supervision and management of other team members.
- Review products, features, and initiatives to assess legal compliance across multiple jurisdictions, from the early stages of product development through launch.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements, including non- disclosure, master services, promotional, and software licensing agreements.
- Create and implement policies and practices to ensure consistent implementation of legal guidance and alignment on risks.
What You'll Need
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state is required
- Twelve (12+) years of legal experience in a combination of law firm and in-house settings ( at least 6 years in house required).
- Experience supporting complex products and features on a global basis, designing and implementing systems for developer and user communities.
- Experience with reviewing, drafting and negotiating a variety of technology and other complex commercial transactions.
- Experience working for an engineering-driven technology company.
- Global perspective with experience in matters involving multiple regions or legal regimens
- Must be confident, collaborative, and able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated business aptitude and ability to move quickly
- Appetite for being a key player in a rapidly growing company
- Genuine interest in new technologies
- Bonus points for a technical background and a willingness to get into the weeds with engineers and other clients!
- History of driving efficient and strategic use of resources, including technical groups, in-house counsel, vendors, and outside counsel
- Flexibility to perform in nimble, and rapidly changing and growing environments
- Adept at identifying and scaling routine business operations
- Inquisitiveness, along with the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of a matter, and articulate plans to address
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated experience working with business leaders
- Ability to present information/complex legal matters clearly, and concisely
- Collaborative approach with both business and legal groups, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others
- Passionate about your work and a desire to have a big impact. Your job will matter - you will never be bored
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.