About the Role
We're looking for a People Ops Senior Specialist in Sao Paolo to provide support our employee population in 12 LatAm countries - someone who is passionate about finding ways to best support our growing Uber family. The People Ops Sr Specialist is primarily responsible for improving and implementing global and regional People processes and programs within their region or function. In addition, you will be responsible for executing complex regional projects and coach/mentor more junior team members to ensure seamless operation, process and system interactions in all People team processes.
What You'll Do
- Create and optimize processes - drive a seamless and scalable employee experience globally, across the various channels of support (i.e. leveraging the HRSS team)
- Identify and implement improvements and automation opportunities, and make the system experience seamless and optimized for all stakeholders (i.e. Onboarding)
- Build and execute on projects focused on most effective employee experience across all foundational People team services in LATAM (i.e. Payroll error reduction)
- Project Management: autonomous multi-stakeholder, cross-functional large-scale, global and regional complex projects - deliver upon the full project lifecycle (from planning, correct stakeholder analysis & scoping, through definition of workstreams and creating structures & tiering until completion and delivery) (i.e. mass EXT to FTE conversions, new entity creation, M&A). Be the voice of People Ops processes and provide guidance on how to navigate the associated systems and procedures
- Process ownership anchored on human centered design principles and industry best practices
- Drive internal operational effectiveness through existing dashboard improvement and new dashboard creation and process repository completion to provide insights
- Own/strengthen key People partnerships on behalf of the team (with other People COEs: Benefits, People Systems, Analytics, HRBPs)
- Mentor junior People Partners in the team and enable them to grow within their roles. Might have direct reports.
- Proactive feedback on processes and recommendations on improvements (situational, process vs leveraging systems)
- Complete processes and project work to maintain compliance in your region or function (i.e. global Compliance audits and/or regional/local local government body audits/inspections)
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field
- 5/7 years of prior experience in HR Operations, Operations Management Consulting, Business Operations, Project Management, or HR IT role
- Project management experience
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes, with the ability to identify and drive global projects
- Identify patterns, trends & insights & act upon them through metrics
- Demonstrated critical thinking and the ability to manage competing priorities in order to meet the needs of client groups
- Master Excel skills
- Stakeholder analysis & inclusion: IT, People Systems, HRSS teams, Central People Operations and other cross-functional teams to ensure compliance across People processes and operations
- Workday experience and/or experience using JIRA is a plus
- Six Sigma certification is a plus
- Knowledge of employment law preferred
About the Team
The People Operations team is responsible for building and scaling the operations infrastructure upon which Uber's people processes can scale, as the company marches towards an exciting future. We care deeply about ensuring the most effective experience for our employees and contingent workers, in alignment with the larger business and organizational strategy. Our team is a mix of operations experts, project managers and HR generalists. Our scope offers us the unique exposure to the entire People team ecosystem as well as a vast array of cross functional partners.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.