About the Role
The Rides Data Science team uses data to improve and automate all aspects of Uber's core ridesharing products. We are looking for strong Product Analysts for initiatives such as:
- Maps: Mediating users' digital connection to their physical world through navigation, geospatial search, hotspot estimation, traffic and travel time prediction, and map display
- Fares: Fares powers and delivers the algorithms, levers, experiences and platform that ensure trustworthy fares for riders and drivers across the world. We work on initiatives such as generating trustworthy upfront fare for all of our products & trips, detecting fraudulent drivers/riders, identifying fare anomalies, ensuring fair driver earnings, improving rider/driver fare experiences, and many more.
- Controls: Ensuring balance and health in the Rides marketplace
- Driver: Creating a seamless product experience for drivers across the driver journey: matching drivers to cars, onboarding onto our platform, creating a stress free trip experience
- Matching: Building and optimizing matching algorithms and new matching paradigms across Uber to increase efficiency, reduce ETAs, and reduce prices across Uber's ridesharing marketplace
- Pricing and Loyalty: Designing base fare components for riders and drivers, designing and deploying incentives and loyalty programs, and creating real-time pricing algorithms
- Rider: Building products that create an awesome experience for people who ride with Uber
- Uber for Business: Creating products for organizations needing a seamless global travel solution and who want to provide courtesy rides to their customers and clients
- Forecasting: Projecting supply and demand for Uber rides at a fine grain of geography and time
What you'll do
- Develop data-driven business insights and work with cross-functional stakeholders to identify opportunities and recommend prioritization of product, growth, and optimization initiatives.
- Drive understanding of our users and their interaction with our products, through in-depth analyses of user interaction and engagement, as well as geospatial data.
- Orient our teams around data-driven product development, by driving the creation of logging, metrics, data visualization and diagnostic tools, and experimentation paradigms.
- Define how our teams measure success, by developing Key Performance Indicators and other user/business metrics, in close partnership with Product Management and other disciplines such as engineering, operations and marketing
What you'll need
- B.A., B.S., or M.S. in Statistics, Bioinformatics, Economics, Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Physics or other quantitative field preferred (Advanced degrees are a plus)
- Minimum 1+ year industry experience outside of an academic and internship setting
- Excellent SQL skills and experience in at least one scripting language (Python or R preferred)
- Solid understanding of statistical methods
- Willingness to learn new methodologies and adapt to business needs and goals
- Ability to understand and prioritize business goals and strategies
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and move quickly with cross-functional teams to execute on decisions while maintaining attention to detail
- Self-driven with the ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Superb communication and organization skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.