Product Management, Product
in San Francisco, California
About the Role
We expect the Product Manager to be business savvy, customer-focused, and data-oriented -- they must be able to partner closely with Engineering, Design and Data Science to set and execute on a vision and strategy that meets the needs of our customers and the business.
What You'll Do
- Build and own Product's across one of Uber's many platforms (i.e. Customer Obsession, Mobile, Data Infrastructure, Growth)
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team. Need a deep empathy for our drivers, couriers, riders and/or partners
- Understand the vision and strategy for your team and get all members of cross-functional team aligned to deliver state of the art functionality.
- Drive innovation, definition, roadmap and design of entirely new Uber products and features to deliver against team and company goals
- Challenge all members of cross-functional team (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans
- Drive cross-functional teams to flawless and timely executions.
- Monitor and measure launch features and feed insights back into product development process
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal partners to all Uber employees
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, preferably including hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal
- Minimum 3 years experience delivering highly successful and innovative technology platforms with your signature all over them
- Experience building scalable platforms serving millions/billions building something large
- Experience managing and/or collaborating cross-functionally with teams through technology implementations
- Proven experience of delivering results using standard product management techniques and disciplines
- Strong aptitude to adapt and evolve methodologies and procedures to continually react to a changing landscape of threats and opportunities.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and work across a large organization to ship cross functional projects.
- Team oriented and comfortable interfacing with all levels of Uber employees, management, executives
- Excellent understanding of technology tools and ecosystems
- A background and thought leadership in workforce and employee engagement
- Data-driven decision-making ability
Bonus Points For
- M.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Recent software engineering experience
- Experience building consumer facing features
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.