Product Management, Product
in San Francisco, California
About the Role
Uber's products require constant balancing the supply (riders, eaters) and demand (drivers, couriers) to create equilibrium in our service. We additionally have unique problems to solve combining the rules of the physical world, with that of the digital. Our pricing models, search relevancy, ad products and personalization based services allow Uber to be a consistent market leader.
As an Algorithmic/Data focused Product Manager, you will work closely with Data Science, ML and Engineering teams to build data driven products that allow our business to grow at an exponential scale.
What you'll Do
- Lead the vision, definition, and execution of models and systems that minimize costs, improve network throughput, and respond to real time rider demand and driver supply conditions to generate offers that ultimately translate to marketplace efficiency for Uber and a better experience for our customers
- Design and implement experiments that validate new models and algorithms against metrics
- Build products to leverage technology to automate decision making processes and improve preexisting products
- Understand the requirements and needs of Uber's markets to ensure successful global deployment of new systems and models
- Collaborate with Uber internal stakeholders, including the product operations, finance, legal, policy and global operations teams to ensure that our technology supports Uber's business objectives and that it can be scaled to meet the demands and constraints of every global market
- Partner up with data science and engineering to design and implement marketplace experiments that validate new models and pricing algorithms against marketplace metrics
What You'll Need
- Minimum 3 years of Experience building Pricing, Search, Matching, Personalization Engines and/or dual (or triple) sided marketplace products.
- Degree in Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Technical experience which requires a close partnership with Data Science/ML and Engineering
- Intuition on how to leverage the power of Data Science/ML - and it's limitations - to deliver a superior user experience
- Have successfully launched products with millions of concurrent, discerning users.
- Experience working with large scale data platforms while making it easy for customers to access and leverage platforms to answer key business needs.
- Customer empathy, with an ability to transform complex data and customer insights into a prioritized roadmap
- Experience designing analytics tools and data products
- An obsession about metrics that best measure success and, ideally, predict outcomes
Bonus points For:
- Academic background in data science, statistics, economics, or engineering.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.